Search Unity

Highlighting System [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by slice3d, Jul 10, 2012.

1. BenWilles

BenWilles

still active?

2. sgower

sgower

Yes, I see the exact same problem. I'm also using a Vive and upgraded to Unity 2019.2.9f1. I'm a little bummed to see that some months have passed without a fix or comment. It looks like the dev only checks in very infrequently, but the asset is still for sale, and seems to be broken in the newest versions of Unity, so I'm hoping that there is a fix.

3. sgower

sgower

upload_2019-10-19_14-5-43.png

The highlight seems to be fixed to the camera, so when you look around, the highlight moves.

4. Silex84

Silex84

5. kevin-masson

kevin-masson

Hi, Is there a way to get correct highlighing when using negative scaling ?

On this image, scale.x is -1 on the left and I get full highlighting instead of an outline.
    Screenshot_4.png

Can the shader be modified so that the case where scale is negative behave in the same way as positive scaling ?

6. helloVoRld

helloVoRld

Hi slice3d, Does the asset supports submesh highlighting? Like if a model has different materials, then can we highlight parts of the same model using this asset?

7. SIMFACTOR

SIMFACTOR

Hello @slice3d, I have a problem on Oculus Quest 1 and 2. After uploading the application to the device, everything is gray. In the editor, the highlighting works fine.

The script has been added to the center camera with the default settings, Stereo Rendering Mode : Single Pass, Unity 2019.4.9f1 LTS. Do you know this problem and have an idea to solve it ? Oculus quest is an Android device.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  8. Daahrien

Daahrien

How do you use this with "Curved World" asset? The outline appears with anoffset (obviously the curved world effect is not applied to the outline.

9. Alond

Alond

I have a similar problem.
    If stereo rendering mode is set to Multi Pass, the highlight doesn't work correctly.
    When I switch to stereo rendering mode - Multi View, everything is grey.
    Unity 2021.1.25