Search Unity

Bug Highlighting behavior of buttons stop working until I click somewhere else after initial click.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by iluvpancakes, Aug 14, 2020.

1. iluvpancakes

iluvpancakes

Whenever I create buttons and use the highlighting behavior I get the same issue. It works fine until I click a button. After I clicked a button that particular button will be in its source image state even if I drag the mouse somewhere else and comes back, it wont transition to the highlighting sprite. If I click ANYWHERE else (not on the button though) it starts working again.

So this is how it works:
    1. I hover a button (it transitions to the highlighted sprite) - success.
    2. I click (without releasing) the button (it transitions to the pressed sprite) - success.
    3. I release the button (it transitions to source image) - Failed (expected: transition to highlighted sprite since I am still hovering)
    4. I remove my mouse from the button area and come back (button stays on source image) - Failed.
    5. At this point I can click it again and it will display normal pressed sprite behavior but it wont under any circumstance transition to highlighted sprite.
    6. I click ANYWHERE OUTSIDE of the button area and then come back to the button (it transitions to highlighted sprite) - Success:ish?
    7. The loop repeats.

How can I make the button react to hovering actions after being pressed without having to click somewhere else first?

Thanks a bunch!