Search Unity

High Quality Website for your Game Project

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Seeking' started by techniquea2z, Mar 15, 2021.

1. techniquea2z

techniquea2z

]I've been working with web development for the past six years! I've worked full-time a good amount of startup companies.

Lately, I've been freelancing more to focus on game development. I figured I could offer my skills at an affordable rate for game developers.

Do you plan to sell your game commercially? Do you plan to run a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter/Indiegogo?

Then, you'll definitely want a well-made custom website for your project. It is important for marketing, a key part to any game's success. It is also very helpful if you plan to send your game to media sites for press.

Site I made for my game:

Codename: Mystery Babylon

The site will be built using gatsby.js and hosting will be free.

What I'm Offering

• Homepage

I will take your game's logo and put it brilliantly on display. The more art assets (half-body character portraits, logos, animated sprites, etc.) you have, the better I'll be able to create a design that fits your game's aesthetic and theme.

If you want any special effects, we can discuss it. For example, I went with purple smoke to give my game an ominous vibe.

• Blog

You will be able to run a blog on your site powered by Netlify. I will handle all the setup and invite you as an administrator, so you can upload, edit, and delete blog posts.

See here for an example of what the editor for blog posts will look like:

Very easy for you to manage yourself and free! Instantly updates the live version of your site. You can run a development blog or simply a blog about progress updates for your project.

It's up to you.

• [Game Overview

This page will let everyone know all about your game: it's story, features, characters, lore; whatever you'd like to share!

Mine is relatively short since it's still in development. The farther you are into development, the better I'll be able to create a detailed synopsis for your project.

• Team Page

If you have a team or if you're a single developer, you can tell everyone about yourself. Everyone's photo, role, maybe a short rundown about them and how they got into the project.

It's up to you.

• Press Kit

This is important for interfacing with the media. Say, you are about to run a Kickstarter and want to get covered on Kotaku or GiantBomb or what have you. This page has all your logos, screenshots, videos, gifs etc. on one page so the journalists can easily cherry pick which ones to use in their article.

Example press kits: 1, 2

That's the basic package of 4 pages. This costs $400. Which for the quality I'm offering and considering web developer hourly rates, its actually a huge bargain.

Just for indie game devs.

I also offer these additional services:

• Web Store
    If you wanted a custom shop to sell art prints, game copies, t-shirts, etc. This is a service for you.

Honestly, you could always try your hand at making your own Shopify store. But, if you're dead set on something custom, I can help you out.

Cost: $200

• Email Templates and Newsletters

Say, you want to offer a newsletter and keep people updated about your project. But, you don't know how to design your own emails or how to setup a newsletter.

I can create a custom template for you, which you could easily setup to your Gmail account to send emails to everyone on your mailing list. I will also add this newsletter popup to your site, allowing people who visit to be added to your mailing list.

There's ways to do this yourself if you are Javascript/HTML handy, though.

Cost: $150
    • Mobile Version

Since your game is (most likely) for PC/Mac/Linux, most of the traffic to your site will be from laptop/desktop. So, this isn't really a necessity for most projects, I believe.

However, if you want the site to look awesome on your phone, writing more CSS is possible,

Cost: $150

You will need to purchase your own domain name. I recommend name.com or iwantmyname.com.

Terms:

- 100% upfront payment
    - PayPal only
    -You get 2 support requests after completion. I don't have the bandwidth to offer unlimited tech support and updates.

That's about it. Feel free to PM me if you're interested and we can discuss your project's needs.