Search Unity

Other High fidelity scene viewer for WebGL

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Conor_Envision, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Conor_Envision

Conor_Envision

Hi All! :)

I'd like to show off my team's progress on our WebGL Unity app! It's been a long 4 months but we have something to show to everyone!

There's a lot of cool in-house and external technologies in it making it super unique. Such as our own live asset service system and a Firebase integration using their js library!

Please check it out and let me know what you think :) Also please report any issues or weird graphical glitches you may of had in this thread too!

You can find some of the experiences below ↓ ↓

Altitude
    EVR.WebApp (envisionvr.net)

Wavelength
    EVR.WebApp (envisionvr.net)

----

If you have any tips and tricks that we should know about in regards to Unity WebGL (like getting it to work on mobile) please let us know! As finding how to do anything in Webgl has been a super difficult task. If you have any questions on how we did something tech wise in these experiences don't hesitate to ask questions!

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

This looks awesome! I've rarely seen such high-fidelity WebGL work, and it's buttery-smooth too!

And I cannot welcome more that the user interaction gives you both options, left click to drag the content around, or right click to change the camera's view angle. Needless to say, left-clicking simply feels wrong to me. ;)

I just wish I could WASD or cursor key my way through the environment, rather than double-clicking. In narrow hallways it's somethings difficult to navigate around corners. Also, I kind of feel that some of these hallways are more narrow than I would perceive them in person. Not sure why this is. Maybe something as simple as the height of the camera not matching my personal perception (eye level above ground). Perhaps this is perceived better in VR, haven't tried that.

I also could not help but notice that all the alcoholic beverage bottles are empty. Must have been one hell of a party, and one hell of a cleaning service afterwards. :D

Oh and I got stuck in that walking closet. I thought the app bugged out but eventually I realized I was trying my best to step into the mirror! :D

How much is the rent for these places?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Btw in NUI4 there is a room "Bathroom 2" but no "Bathroom 1".
    And WLC1 gives me "Style 2" as an option.

4. mgear

mgear

definitely best webgl visualization showcase!

really interested on how its possible, it cannot be precalculated 360 images, since it has free movement..
    and how did you get webgl to work with VR device, or is it using different system for vr?

5. kdgalla

kdgalla

Nice. The visuals are amazing! I just have a few suggestions:

1 I'd like to have WASD controls like google street view

2 In "dollhouse" mode, I'd like to be able to double-click on the floor and then it would switch back to first-person mode with me already there. I guess that's also sort-of like Google maps- how you can double-click on the map and jump to that spot in street-view.

3 The up-front load time was long. Maybe it's possible to spread it out over the run time? Not sure if there's anything you can do about this, though.

6. Conor_Envision

Conor_Envision

Hi kdgalla, thank you for the nice comment :) We are currently hosting the asset bundles and build of our web app on a google cloud bucket in Sydney. Where are you from? Hopefully that is the reason why it was a slow load! The Build itself should be 8mb and the asset bundles roughly between 60mb to 80mb.

Hey mgear thank you for the nice comment! We have built our own in-house solution for converting incredibly high poly, poorly optimized models from Arch Vis studios and turning them into game ready assets. Which allows us to easily put it on Web, VR and Mobile devices! We have separate apps for VR and Mobile devices. Getting WebGL to work in VR is a great idea though!

Hi CodeSmile! Thank you for the very nice comment! :) In the future we are planning on adding FPS Wasd movement as it does feel more natural to PC users, but currently we are using the drag and double click to target people who are not familiar with that sort of experience.

Some of our users have told us that corridors seem smaller than they actually are we are hoping this is just an FOV issue, as currently the default field of view is roughly 90 -- which might be too high!

Not sure but I defiantly can't afford it! :D

7. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

the graphics are rather good, and however at least the first link think could use both lighting, and not sure also post - processing filters, or if one could set a few post - proc setting in the app itself . . .

it looks like an arch - viz app, and not sure if one added a day - night cycle, and then a few buttons to set different lighting conditions, or perhaps the lamps, or then bit randomize the art, or posters on the walls // it's an amazing app, and however can't see how it could be used for video - games as it is, and perhaps it's more arch - viz . . . :) :eek: