Search Unity

Hierarchy2 - A powerful Hierarchy extension

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thienhaflash, Jan 16, 2014.

1. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Good news for today,

The long awaited feature : Scene Reference is almost ready, time for some more polishing before submit Hierarchy2 v2.2

Here is a quick preview.

BTW, Hierarchy2 v2.1 is available in the asset store now!
    Any suggestion, feed backs, or bug report would be more than welcome!

schmosef likes this.
  2. Lad-Ty

Lad-Ty

I updated Unity, Hierarchy2 and Favorite Tabs today. And as usual with every update to H2+FavTabs, my H2 icons are jumping when I hover over them due to the FavTabs ico. I'm not sure wether to write here or to the other plugin's page, anyway, is there a solution in the current version that would prevent this? I was looking in the settings, the offset helped with other plugin's icos, but there seem to be no way of setting the position of H2 icos as fixed.
    If you know of a solution, I would love to hear it, I'm starting to go crazy about it again :) Otherwise I will try contacting FavTabs author probably.

And second thing - by any chance, do you have the H2 icos in a higher resolution (32x32 at least)? On a 3200x1800 they are a little pixelated which is actually quite distracting. Thank you

3. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@Lad-Ty : I will work with @Flipbookee on this to resolve this problem. I will update H2 with higher resolution icons in the next update.

Thanks a lot for taking time to write feedbacks, Lad-Ty

4. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Good news for today,

I talked to the developer of FavoriteTabs and he will support HierarchyDraw also (Hierarchy2 already support it). @Flipbookee say something man :)

This will not only help Hierarchy2 works with FavoriteTabs but also make any 3rd party plugins that draw icons in Hierarchy drawing in the correct order (that plugins need to support HierarchyDraw, of course).

Thanks a lot!

5. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Hierarchy2 UI improvements

bac9-flcl, Flipbookee and John-G like this.
  6. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hey @Lad-Ty, you can right-click a Favorites Tabs star icon in the Hierarchy view and then turn off the "Push other icons" option.

upload_2016-12-22_22-2-2.png

This will stop the jumping icons behavior and all Hierarchy2 icons will stay in place. :) Sorry man, I should have made that option a little bit easier to find and even set it to off by default, I guess... ;)

Let me & @thienhaflash know is this working fine for you. :)

thienhaflash likes this.
  7. Lad-Ty

Lad-Ty

Ooooh I love you, thanks a lot! :)

thienhaflash and Flipbookee like this.
  8. red2blue

red2blue

Is this asset still alive? Is it compatible with Unity 2017.3?

9. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@red2blue

It's still alive,
    I used it everyday. Haven't check with 2017.3 yet but it should works, if it's not please tell and I will fix it right away!

Thanks a lot for your interest!

red2blue likes this.
  10. JufJannieApps

JufJannieApps

How do I reactivate the lock icons?
    I updated form version 2.0. I deleted the files and loaded the asset. but the lock icon isn't showing up.

11. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@JufJannieApps It's hidden by default, you can show it again in the settings panel / prefab category
    1. Select any GameObject in Hierarchy
    2. Press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + O to activate the settings panel for Hierarchy2
    3. Expand the Lock area and check on "Show Icon"

JufJannieApps likes this.
  12. JufJannieApps

JufJannieApps

13. MigrantP

MigrantP

Hi! I'm looking at updating my project to Unity 2018.3.11 and there are a lot of warnings & errors from Hierarchy2, mostly around Prefabs and GUI stuff. Any chance this asset will be updated to be compatible?

Warning:
    Assets/Hierarchy2/Editor/Scripts/h2/features/h2_Prefab.cs(228,16): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'

Error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    vietlabs.h2.h2_Unity.get_IsRenaming () (at Assets/Hierarchy2/Editor/Scripts/core/h2_Unity.cs:199)
    vietlabs.h2.Hierarchy2.HierarchyItemCB (System.Int32 instID, UnityEngine.Rect r) (at Assets/Hierarchy2/Editor/Scripts/h2/Hierarchy2.cs:161)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.OnRowGUICallback (System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:628)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.DoItemGUI (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, System.Int32 row, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:501)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems (System.Int32 firstRow, System.Int32 numVisibleRows, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:692)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 keyboardControlID) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:595)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.DoTreeView (System.Single searchPathHeight) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:744)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:577)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.DoSceneHierarchy () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:149)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:133)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Error:
    GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

14. MigrantP

MigrantP

I was able to work around the errors for the meantime with the following null checks in h2_Unity.cs:

if (renameFields[0] != null && renameFields[1] != null && renameFields[2] != null)

And returning false otherwise. I'm sure this breaks some functionality but nothing that bothers me so far =)