Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hierarchy2 - A powerful Hierarchy extension

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thienhaflash, Jan 16, 2014.

1. vidjo

vidjo

Congrats on the sale. Hope it helps :)

2. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@Victor_Kallai

Well, actually, it was in for the very first version, then maybe some of my code refactoring overwrite with various changes but anyway in v1.3.2 I checked it again and made it works correctly.

A small tip, If you wan to lock only that GameObject but don't lock any children then just hold down Ctrl. It's a bit different when unlock, without holding Ctrl button it will only unlock that GameObject, if you want to unlock the children also then hold Ctrl

So, clicking will do most intuitive thing, holding down Ctrl will do the opposite :) So happy locking :)

@vidjo : thanks :) Got 140 sales up to now :) I'm really happy for this :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who supported me by buying Hierarchy2. Not to mention the nice comments and all 5-stars ratings. It's really made the sales to go crazy and Hierarchy2 is now one of the most popular extension in the AssetStore !!!

Thanks a lot everyone ! I'm really appreciated !!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. jerotas

jerotas

You'll do even better next time you get featured, now that you have some a bunch of good reviews. Good for you!

5. jerotas

jerotas

It's happened to us before with our plugins. Just go ahead and submit it again if it takes longer than a week. Usually they get approved within a couple days the 2nd time around. Congrats on hitting #1 on the Asset Store front page! You displaced our plugin Master Audio to #2. And that is NOT easy :)

6. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Thanks a lot Jerotas :)

7. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Probably a weird question, but how are you showing the icons? As far as I see you're loading them using an internal Texture2D, which is, uh, byte representation of an image instead of an external file? In that case, what are you doing when you want to make modifications to the image (I'd guess there is a tool that converts your images into strings?).

Edit: A-ha, looks like it's a Byte64 string indeed. Seems easy to edit then.

Edit 2: Why are both an eye icon and a lock icon stored twice, though? There is a string describing the active state icon, then there is another string describing an inactive one, but then both are repeated.

8. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@bac9-flcl : Firstly thanks for supporting me by buying the package, secondly

Yes, you say it right, I included the Texture2D as a string so that everything will be compacted into only 1 file, so moving around will be super easy, and the image is encoded using Base64. Actually in my development mode, the icons exist in the folder, I wrote a little utility so that when I press a shortcut it will convert into Base64 string and put it into Clipboard, so I only need to select the icon, press the shortcut key and paste to the correct place when I need to update the icons.

The icons are store twice because I didn't have enough time to make two different icons, one for light-skin, another for dark-skin, right now, the in light-skin the icons does not looks very good. So you can think of it as a place holder, I will replace with a better icon when I have time to do it

regards :)

9. Xeir

Xeir

Very nice asset, happily added it to my collection.

As to the embedded Texture2D, that is exactly what I was considering doing to avoid reliance on the external files/icons myself.

Anyways, nice job!

10. gman

gman

this looks like a very interesting project congratulations on the success! have you put any thought into attempting to tackle the issue unity has with nested prefabs? seems like that would be a good fit for your project.

11. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Ah, great to hear!

I took the liberty of replacing those images to be more in line with other micro-icons used around Unity editor UI, making them flat and using standard two-tone gray instead of glossy gold. I changed the lock icon to the one used in the inspector and made the eye icon smaller to work better with the scale of other stuff. Here is a screenshot and a code snippet that can be used to replace the icons.

Do this at the very end of the file:

Code (csharp):
    1. internal static Texture2D icoLock(bool active) {
    2.         return Get("iconLock", active
    3.             , "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAHFJREFUeNpi/P//PwMlgImBQkCxASy4JLKzszdJSEj4SkpKMjx//pzhxYsXm6dOnepHtAtAmr98+cJw6tSpZyAaxMeqEBSI2PDs2bP/4+PDMMVhwIgtGufMmYMzblNSUhgHVzQOvAGMQz8vUGwAQIABALwzUbFU+Id6AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC"
    4.             , "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAHBJREFUeNpi/P//PwMlgImBQkCxASy4JIyMjDYoKir6KykpMdy7d4/h/v37m8+dO+dHtAtAmt+/f8+wdevWZyAayPfFqhAUiMTgkpKS/9jEKQ4DRmzRWFpaijNuu7u7GQdXNA68AYxDPy9QbABAgAEAf2RRRAqkQ1QAAAAASUVORK5CYII="
    5.             , "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAHFJREFUeNpi/P//PwMlgImBQkCxASy4JLKzszdJSEj4SkpKMjx//pzhxYsXm6dOnepHtAtAmr98+cJw6tSpZyAaxMeqEBSI2PDs2bP/4+PDMMVhwIgtGufMmYMzblNSUhgHVzQOvAGMQz8vUGwAQIABALwzUbFU+Id6AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC"
    6.             , "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAHBJREFUeNpi/P//PwMlgImBQkCxASy4JIyMjDYoKir6KykpMdy7d4/h/v37m8+dO+dHtAtAmt+/f8+wdevWZyAayPfFqhAUiMTgkpKS/9jEKQ4DRmzRWFpaijNuu7u7GQdXNA68AYxDPy9QbABAgAEAf2RRRAqkQ1QAAAAASUVORK5CYII="
    7.         );
    8.     }
    10.     // Old lock icon - active
    11.     // "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"
    13.     // Old lock icon - inactive
    14.     // "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAA/0lEQVQ4EaVSiQ2DMAx0eOZASLAHEzBsJ2APHiHEFHwpF9WWG4KqtpbAdmKfz6cYay39Ywk3N03DofNd19koisgYQ/BZlhldUFWVSyN9yHHbto7Wvu+0bRut60rTNAWpXgD6vpfCsiwNvjiOaVkWmudZ7njYBQAXoFwUhVDO89xAq+M4uE/8BQBFmBiykOAi4jAMlidgb+T+VGgxjqMT9xzgGAqDJEkIDVAdhljn/rkrOn8C4NNmAHiY9hzjXACQaHtNrE9mNUS9s+ANmsEInnW5AxARQwU/A2BHTD4BHgDRO/uD3hjoYjxj3xhYnwsAmtM0/bgzmGlw90Q14rfxE1iLlRWEoxFEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC"
    16.     internal static Texture2D icoEye(bool active) {
    17.         return Get("iconEye", active
    19.             , "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAItJREFUeNrUU8EJACEMq+J0uodDuYeu10OoEEuQA+9zQhFbEmNTg6rKzYpyua4JUmvtVO+2F1astUo6ADOcZ6MGI4oEqAaegGAxLKegaiNAoMBt3aJYTpBoPj8SuQjOFp5kEfVPbKTMkPeKNqXJ2cRke1c2N7yNHqCkN68msYB9y87CBin8/zM9AgwAMTgy1MRBpbIAAAAASUVORK5CYII="
    20.             , "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAJRJREFUeNrUk28KwCAIxS063eo0na26nsOhYSIxaF8mxP649/NtrwVEhJOKcFjHgFRr3fU7H7PXLKVA2ggvdU0fanig6AiRxSQIvAbfQ+VqAWghyDSySIsnD+5NUGvtAVi7U6zf1UAE1D+J0SWTPSk+d50mE5M8JJDspLKkYWO0ArQT3+7ErOKTOLO3kcL/f6ZbgAEARlE2iHHCLKIAAAAASUVORK5CYII="
    21.             , "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAItJREFUeNrUU8EJACEMq+J0uodDuYeu10OoEEuQA+9zQhFbEmNTg6rKzYpyua4JUmvtVO+2F1astUo6ADOcZ6MGI4oEqAaegGAxLKegaiNAoMBt3aJYTpBoPj8SuQjOFp5kEfVPbKTMkPeKNqXJ2cRke1c2N7yNHqCkN68msYB9y87CBin8/zM9AgwAMTgy1MRBpbIAAAAASUVORK5CYII="
    22.             , "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAJRJREFUeNrUk28KwCAIxS063eo0na26nsOhYSIxaF8mxP649/NtrwVEhJOKcFjHgFRr3fU7H7PXLKVA2ggvdU0fanig6AiRxSQIvAbfQ+VqAWghyDSySIsnD+5NUGvtAVi7U6zf1UAE1D+J0SWTPSk+d50mE5M8JJDspLKkYWO0ArQT3+7ErOKTOLO3kcL/f6ZbgAEARlE2iHHCLKIAAAAASUVORK5CYII="
    23.         );
    24.     }
    26.     // Old eye icon - active
    27.     // "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"
    29.     // Old eye icon - inactive
    30.     // "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"
    I don't have the source files at hand at the moment, unfortunately, so I can't make the strings for the light skin versions of the icons right now, but I suggest to use the following colors to make them non-distracting yet readable on a light background. Current colors (inactive icons stand out more than active ones):

New colors (alternatively, a darker gray would work for the active icons too):

12. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@gman
    Yes, I did have some ideas about how to implement that, haven't got time to try it out, but I saw some promising solution like http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/236719-Prefab-Evolution-Plugin
    Haven't try it out but from the video I can say it's rather easy to use :) Maybe you can have a look on it :)
    @Xeir Thanks :)

@bac9-flcl
    Good to see how you customize it Hierarchy2 the way you wanted. I personally also like to have flat icons for Hierarchy2 but my drawing is really really poor, the only graphic tool I know how to use is Flash so still can not come up with anything visual appealing :)

13. jerotas

jerotas

Hi, we're wondering why with the new version, the Hierarchy looks red to the left of the line? Not my favorite look. Could you make that configurable so we could turn that part off if it's not important?

14. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Hello Jerotas, actually it's not my intention, just a test I forgot to remove. Can you download again from the AssetStore, v1.3.2 is up now and should not show the red bar anymore.

Thanks, and sorry for this inconvenient. If there are any other problem, please do let me know.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  15. jerotas

jerotas

Ok thank you.

16. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

Hello,
    How can I disable keyboard shortcuts fast? They are the same as NGUI plugin, and it is really annoying. Please, make them configurable.

17. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Hello Victor, firstly thanks a lot for supporting me by buying Hierarchy2. For your request, I planed to simplify the shortcuts quite a bit in next version also I will put an option to turn all the shortcuts off as you suggested. A lot of changes was planned for v1.4 so it will takes some time. Here is a quick fix you can apply before the next version is out.

Go to folder Vietlabs/Hierarchy2/Editor and open the Hierarchy2.cs, go to line 1653 (assume that you are on the lastest Hierarchy2 v1.3.3) which currently is

Code (csharp):
    1. if (Event.current.control) {                
    2. } else if (Event.current.alt){
    3.           AltKey_Handler(evt, go);
    4. } else if (Event.current.shift) {
    5.           ShiftKey_Handler(evt, t.gameObject);
    6. } else {
    7.       Key_Handler(evt, t);
    8. }
    Now for every keyhandler you don't want put a double slash // before it, for example, to prevent conflicts with NGUI (which use Alt and Shift combinations) we need to turn off Alt and Shift handlers, the code will now be

Code (csharp):
    1. if (Event.current.control) {                
    2. } else if (Event.current.alt){
    3.           //AltKey_Handler(evt, go);
    4. } else if (Event.current.shift) {
    5.           //ShiftKey_Handler(evt, t.gameObject);
    6. } else {
    7.       Key_Handler(evt, t);
    8. }
    I hope it clear enough for you. If there are any other thing unclear or anything you feel unpleasant about Hieararchy2 please do tell me.

Thanks a lot.

btw, Hierarchy2 v1.3.3 is online now, everyone, please update.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  18. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

Hello, I updated the plugin, and now I get the error: "Assets/VietLabs/Hierarchy2/Editor/Hierarchy2.cs(1706,29): error CS0120: An object reference is required to access non-static member `object.GetType()' ".
    I reimported all assets, restarted unity, reimported Hierarchy2, nothing works now. Please help

Edit: Sorry, my bad. It has nothing to do with the new update, it is a conflict with a serialize plugin.
    Edit 2: Thanks for the tip, I works awesome :)

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  19. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@Victor_Kallai : I'm happy it works for you.

btw, a minor update, Hierarchy2 v1.3.4 is already on the queue adding what Victor_Kallai suggested - disable shortcuts whenever you want. Thanks Victor_Kallai for this suggestion.

20. red2blue

red2blue

Hi thienhaflash,

i bought your asset and I am very happy with it. So thanks and congrats on it. There is only one thing, that keeps me away from really loving it. I don't know if it was already mentioned in the thread, if so i am sorry. I have the problem, the If I press Play, that the focus is not going to the game window, it is foing to the Hierachy window. So every Keyboard input i am doing, is affecting the hierachy and not the game. I have to first click into the play window again to get it active. Since i forget about it every time i get all the time strenge behaivior before getting the "aha" moment.
    For example (happend if I just bought your tool) I used to move my game character with the "a" key. So every time, i pressed "a", the player disapeared. It took some time to realize, that a is deactivating gameobjects in the hierachy.

Long story short. Is there any way to deactivate this behavior? Is there some way to keep the focus on the game window instead of switching back to the hierachy?

Hope you can help me!!!!! :)

Thanks a lot!
    red2blue

21. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Hello red2blue,

Firstly thanks for supporting me by buying Hierarchy2. Looks like that you've found a bug, I will check back and fix it asap then issue an update.

Thanks a lot.

22. red2blue

red2blue

Hi thienhaflash,

thanks for the quick response and that you will fix it. That would be really great and helps me a lot!

Cheers
    red2blue

23. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Hello red2blue,

I've issued an update for Hierarchy2 v1.3.5 to fix the focus thing. It will still need several days to be available, though. Thanks a lot for reporting this, it's really help.

24. red2blue

red2blue

WOW, thats brilliant. Thanks so much for this super quick response. Now, I can even more enjoy your asset.

edit: Just posted a five star review! ;)

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  25. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@everyone Hierarchy2 version 1.3.6 is online now adding disabling the SceneView selection for locked GameObjects.

26. dl_studios

dl_studios

Just wanted to report a bug. On mac pros when hierarchy 2 is in Project it takes over macs multi Screens mode. I use a three finger swipe to navigate from screen to screen. For some reason when I leave Unity hierarchy 2 is forcing the screen to revert back to Unity. I've taken hierarchy 2 out of my project and problem is fixed. Any ideas? Thanks

27. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

I issued a fix for focusing problem, I will check it again for Mac, thanks for reporting dl_studios.

28. mozi_ru

mozi_ru

The same problem with focus. If the focus is in Hierarchy tree, you can't leave Unity. Switching to other apps does not work, the application focus goes back to Unity. Windows Pro

Fixed after commenting out this code
    Code (csharp):
    2. #if false
    3.         if (!vlbEditor.IsRenaming()  Selection.activeGameObject != null  evt.type == EventType.keyUp) //evt.shift  
    4.         {
    5.             var t = Selection.activeGameObject.transform;
    6.             if (Event.current.control) {
    7.                 //ignore Ctrl
    8.             } else if (Event.current.alt) {
    9.                 if (AllowAltShortcuts  !Event.current.shift) {
    10.                     AltKey_Handler(evt, go);
    11.                 }
    12.             } else if (Event.current.shift) {
    13.                 if (AllowShiftShortcuts) ShiftKey_Handler(evt, t.gameObject);
    14.             } else if (AllowOtherShortcuts){
    15.                 Key_Handler(evt, t);
    16.             }
    17.         }
    18. #endif //

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  29. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@mozi_ru, dl_studios :

Would you please update to the lastest version Hierarchy2 v1.3.7 and check it again ? v1.3.7 fixed the focusing problem for windows, I haven't tested it on a Mac yet but I think it should be ok.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for this inconvenience.

30. Nezabyte

Nezabyte

Is it possible to isolate a monobehavior without using the context menu? For example, I'd like to type in "iso:Rigidbody" then enter key to execute the search. It only seems to work if I first find a script that has that monobehavior then click on the "isolate" option.

31. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@Nezabyte : This will be comming in v1.4. So, It's planned but not yet have enough time to implement.

32. Nezabyte

Nezabyte

Cool! Looking forward to it :cool:

33. Doddler

Doddler

Just a bump, Unity 4.5 update breaks this extension. :(

34. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Hello Doddler,

Sorry about that. I should have test it wil the beta version. Downloading the 4.5 right now and the update would be available next week.

Thanks a lot, everyone, and sorry for this inconvenience.

35. jerotas

jerotas

Hi, for your information, here's the error I get on Unity 4.5. I hope that helps. I get 2 of this same error every time I click Play.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    vietlabs.Hierarchy2Utils.ParentCount (UnityEngine.GameObject go) (at Assets/VietLabs/Hierarchy2/Editor/Hierarchy2.cs:856)
    vietlabs.Hierarchy2.EditLevelStrip (Rect r, UnityEngine.GameObject go) (at Assets/VietLabs/Hierarchy2/Editor/Hierarchy2.cs:542)
    vietlabs.Hierarchy2.HierarchyItemCB (Int32 instanceID, Rect selectionRect) (at Assets/VietLabs/Hierarchy2/Editor/Hierarchy2.cs:584)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUIAssetCallback (Int32 instanceID, Rect rect) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:195)
    UnityEditor.TreeView.OnGUI (Rect rect, Int32 keyboardControlID) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeView.cs:404)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.DoTreeView () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:255)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:146)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

36. jerotas

jerotas

I also got this just now:

Assets/VietLabs/Hierarchy2/Editor/Hierarchy2.cs(981,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SearchFilter' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

37. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@jerotas : I'm still working on the fix, It's not only just SearchFilter broken with 4.5 :( Unity did create a new Hierarchy instead of changing the old one, so It's very difficult to me :( But I'm trying my best.

The SearchFilter class is not in public domain anymore. It was moved into internal, hence the error.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and thanks for understanding, everyone.

38. jerotas

jerotas

I know. I dislike the non-alphabetical Hierarchy in 4.5. Hopefully you can figure out how to fix it. It's not your fault they change this stuff. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

thienhaflash likes this.
  39. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

Hello,
    I know you are busy fixing Hierarchy for Unity 4.5, but I was wondering if you could include a Static Icon, along with the ones for active and locked. I have a lot of objects in my Hierarchy and I need to set them static, in order to use Lightmapping, but sometimes I skip one or two. Let me know if this is possible

Thanks a lot :)

40. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

thienhaflash likes this.
  41. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@Victor_Kallai
    Seems to be easy to do, I will include it in the next update. But I think it should be off by default, and you will need to change a configuration variable to make it visible. btw, do you have any suggestion on how the icon should be ?

@jerotas
    I think I should add some the sorting modes into Hierarchy2 so you can switch around very quickly. Does this sound good enough to you ?

42. jerotas

jerotas

Sure. Actually I'm getting used to the new order. But it would be cool.

43. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

I don't care, you can make it an x or a check symbol

44. tarzmedia

tarzmedia

got a tempral fix for the error on unity 4.5

I commented out
    method SetSearchFilter to use other functions.
    and now waiting a realfix in a calm

thanks much.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  45. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

46. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Still waiting on the 4.5 compatibility update. Any estimates?

47. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Hello everyone,

I've sent out the beta version for several people out there to test, some more polishing and bug fixes before upload to the Asset Store.

If anyone need to have beta access please pm me.

Thanks a lot and sorry for this delay.

48. Saxi

Saxi

Any way you can add some customization for the colors, and preferably change the default?
    I'm not color blind, but it hard to see when a gameobject has been disabled when there is a script attached.

"blue" is disabled, but the eye symbol is very hard to tell and honestly it is easier to just notice the blue is not bold and easy to overlook the eye is dimmed. I would suggest changing the eye red or black when disabled (but red would have problems if the script is deleted while not removed from the game object so the shades have to be right).

I would prefer you fix this, so we don't have to change it per project.

49. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Hello Saxi,

I will definitely fix this, it's getting annoying on my side, too :)

thanks for this suggestion !

50. Saxi

Saxi

How far out is an official release that supports 4.5.1?