Search Unity

HiDPI - Request ability to modify HUB launch command

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Twin-Stick, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Twin-Stick

Twin-Stick

**EDIT**
    Silly me - I just assumed launching the HUB from terminal with the forced scaling wouldn't work - but it does :)
    --------------------------------------

Hi all - in regards to HiDPI scaling - I can get the editor to look great when launching from terminal something like
    GDK_SCALE=2 GDK_DPI_SCALE=0.5 ./Unity

But I'm not able to sign into the online services - it wants me to launch via the hub.
    It would be great if we could modify the launch command the hub uses to get correct interface scaling - my tired old eyes can only squint for so long! haha

2. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

I feel you on the interface scaling. It's something we'd like to do at some point. My team handles Mac, Linux and Windows editors. And all 3 need somewhat different scaling code :(

As for launch commands in the Hub, my recommendation is to use the gear icon in the top right, then go to "Advanced -> Send Beta Feedback" (caption bug, I know.)

I would also post your question instead to https://forum.unity.com/forums/unity-hub.142/.

3. Twin-Stick

Twin-Stick

Oh no - that sounds like a headache!

Honestly, since I have done that little hack to the launcher, I'm really happy with how it is. I'd probably prefer it to be 1.5x instead of 2x - but eh, beggers can't be choosers hehe.[/QUOTE]