Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro Hide Mobile Input... does not work

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by Player7, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Player7

Player7

Has no effect, on screen mobile keyboard shows up regardless.

tested on 2017.1 (android)

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

I believe this is an issue on Android where you cannot hide the mobile keyboard.

3. Player7

Player7

well the workaround is not to call "TouchScreenKeyboard.Open" if "shouldHideMobileInput" is true... as "TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput = shouldHideMobileInput" is not working from what I'm finding.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

Were you able to test this on your end?

I am traveling for most of the day today but I'll try to take a look when I get to my destination.

5. Player7

Player7

yes that adjustment worked, don't suppose you plan to make a much more customizable virtual onscreen keyboard for unity? :D

I just found the device OS one to be a bit overkill in screenspace taken up for the input required.

6. rgonsalv

rgonsalv

This still does not work in the free version of TMPro, running on Android/Unity5.6.

7. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

This is not a limitation of TMP but a limitation with regards to features available to TMP. The Unity mobile team is working on improving their API to provide more functionality so that such features can be supported on all platforms.