Search Unity

Hi there! How to build .aab?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Rachan, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Rachan

Rachan

Hi there!

I really wondering how can I upload my game app to google play by my app size is about 200 MB+ and it .aab file
    So when I uploading it told me about size is limited

so how can I upload app with more than 150mb ?

2. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

You will need to reduce the size of the base APK so that it's below 150 MB. One way would be to use Google Play Asset Delivery: https://developer.android.com/guide/playcore/asset-delivery

However, currently, you would need to convert your game to using AssetBundles to use the Google Unity Plugin to set this up.

If you're using Addressables instead, you would have to implement a CustomAssetBundleProvider and work around some issues with the way Addressables works vs how the Google Plugin expects bundles to be used in the workflow. Also there are a few bugs involved which make this approach very risky: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...n-never-completes-when-called-in-webgl-player
    I've personally tried and got it working until I hit this bug, but it also was really hacky, so I decided to back away until Unity adds official support.

You could also simply use regular Addressables or AssetBundles and host them on a CDN.

Or, use stronger compression and optimization techniques to reduce the size. If you haven't done anything specific yet, there's a big chance that you can shave of 50 MB simply by using the right import settings.

Rachan likes this.
  3. Rachan

Rachan

Thank you very much!

So I need to reducing a game size first?
    But if a game has more update in the future and game size
    must be increase

So how can I do next?
    I need to reducing size again and again?

4. kaarloew

kaarloew

If you are already near the limit, and you want to add content to your game in the future, then only solution is to use Addressables or AssetBundles as Xarbrough said.

Rachan likes this.
  5. Rachan

Rachan

Thank you very much!
    I really interesting in asset bundle too
    Do you have any example or tutorial?