Search Unity

Hi Resolution Backgrounds (Feedback Requested)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by QuantumTheory, Jan 28, 2012.

1. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Hello,

I'm looking to enter into the foray of selling assets in the Asset Store, but I'm having some difficulty in fairly valuating the work and would love your opinion.

The contents of this Work in Progress scene is as follows:

1. A 4096x2048 AAA quality 360degree panorama sky texture
    2. A Mountain Mesh with 2048x2048 AAA quality diffuse and normal map. The normal map was generated from raw geometry, not from an image.
    3. Masks representing the distribution of color on the diffuse texture. Want to change the grass color, slope color, rock color, or erosion colors on the diffuse map? These masks define where those colors lie so it is trivial to go into your favorite paint program and edit those values.

The purpose of using this package is for backgrounds. You can use it in most types of games; top down shooters, side scrollers, first person shooters, etc. The content is done by a 10 year veteran of the console gaming industry, so you know the work is efficient, scalable, and looks shippable.

What would be a fair price for this package, or a package of 3 to 5 of similar assets? Would you buy it?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. cod

cod

really good! I love the mountain, great job! :D

3. ludiares

ludiares

I think that this pacakge, being the quality it is, would be at least 50-75$, or more. Good luck with it.

4. janpec

janpec

Looks very good, sky is great, terrain is nice.

5. mrexcessive

mrexcessive

Gorgeous looking.. nice one. Ludiares sounds spot on to my limited knowledge.

6. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I agree that a full on pack of these backgrounds would be worth at least $60-$80 bucks...maybe more depending on how many of these backgrounds (at this quality level) you provide in the pack. Coming from a 4 year veteran of mobile console development :)

7. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Thanks everyone for your replies and complements. I will likely post packages to the store within 1 to 3 weeks depending on how long it takes for my business to get started.