A Unity ID allows you to buy and/or subscribe to Unity products and services, shop in the Asset Store and participate
in the Unity community.
Calling all New Unity users! Join the Halloween Mods Showcase Challenge until October 31.
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mohanvel, Aug 23, 2017.
Can you guide me how to develop? (Am new to Unity)
I need something like this
- Hire developer to do it https://connect.unity.com/
- Learn Unity https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials
Start with basics.. make sphere that changes color when you click it.
It doesn't look so complicated really,
- Have model in the scene (or load assetbundle from server)
- Set material color on click for the selected mesh https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Material-color.html
What will be the approximate timeline for developing the basic configurator?
Depends on lots of things really.. like:
what kind of models, format, are they unity/game ready with materials, how many models,
internal view is just hiding cover or actually opening the bag, have to update models after publish,
any other features..
but if you want to make super simple one:
- 1 ready model with materials
- select object to set color for
- fixed color selection buttons
- camera orbit (there's ready scripts available)
that would be literally only few lines of code..
It's more of an art driven project, you will want a model rigged with an opening animation that you can play.
The new Timeline tools should allow you to change the camera view or you can animate the cameras pivot or use a new camera.