Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi I got a problem when making selective glitch art effect on specific object...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Ariana1920, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Ariana1920

Ariana1920

I am doing selective glitch art effect now. I used Command buffer to draw the object first then apply for the effect, and finally combine the effect with original image together. Everything seems working. But there is a problem I cannot figure out.

For example, I had a bunny in my scene. I applied Unity Standard shader on it. Then I want to have rgb split effect applied on the bunny.

The problem was, if I draw the barrel first, then draw the bunny, the image looks like this
    upload_2020-8-21_10-0-50.png

Above two are all using Unity Standard shader, then I check for the frame debugger, I found that

upload_2020-8-21_10-2-22.png
    When it comes to the META Pass, there is something wrong happened when draw this pass.

If I changed the order, I drew the bunny first, then draw the barrel, the weird thing disappeared
    upload_2020-8-21_10-10-32.png

upload_2020-8-21_10-13-22.png

I just want to know why this happened? I did checked for the META PASS, but it seems like it is used for calculate the Albedo and Emissive, for calculating the Indirect Lighting. But in this picture it looks like a shadow?

I really want to figure this out. Can anyone help? I would be very appreciated for it...

2. Ariana1920

Ariana1920

It seems like the weird things disappeared just because of the drawing order... I really don't know why META PASS would affect this...Can anyone help..

unityunity