Search Unity

Hi everyone, perhaps wrong place for post but..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moonlightribbon, Feb 12, 2020.

1. moonlightribbon

moonlightribbon

Hi everyone, perhaps wrong place for post but.. I don't know where place it for my asking ^^'

For start, I'm a new here, in dev, unity and unity forum and I don't know, for now, how to code but I'm wanting to create a little game for my own.

But, I don't know how to start with tutorials because I don't find tutorials for my project.
    My project it's a little managment game, I have adventurers guild and we have to train them for sending on mission, in base.

Soo my question is, can you suggest tutorial or ressoruces for starting my game ? Any advice for a beginner ? But I prefer to say, I don't thing selling my game so I want to avoid any course who need to be buying.. (I don't have 80$ to paid just for one game...)

Thanks a lot for reading me :D
    P.S : sorry if my english are bad, I'm french and I'm in lack of practice ^^'

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

You do the tutorials so you understand how scripting in Unity works and how to access the various parts of the API. If you use a tutorial to tell you how to make your project, you never learn how to change things if you need to do something different.

Start from the beginning.

3. moonlightribbon

moonlightribbon

That's the core of my question, what's the begining for start ? :/ Scripting first ? And next ? what tutorial I should priorize ?

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  4. N1warhead

N1warhead

Learning the basics around the engine are the most important part as @Murgilod tried to tell you.
    Whilst this won't help you with your specific 'game' initially, you need to learn the engine before doing your game, and the best place to do that is https://unity.com/learn... Get used to how the engine works from there, and then work on your game when you're better prepared for it.

5. EternalMerodach

EternalMerodach

Have you taken a look at https://learn.unity.com/ ? There is a lot of material to learn Unity.

It is not impossible, but you will hardly find a specific tutorial for your kind of project (this applies to many types of games).

First of all you should learn the engine. These getting started tutorials usually cover both the Unity basic features and some coding.

Don't worry about finding something that specific right from the start. Learn the tools first and you will find what you need next.

6. neginfinity

neginfinity

I would suggest going to unity learning resources, script reference and manual.

Adventurer manager game is somewhat similar to idler game, and is gui heavy. Learn to make UI, learn to move objects around the scene, learn to play animations and so on.

You don't need to buy anything. You do need to practice for some time.

There won't be a tutorial for this exact type of project, most likely, but you can pick information you need from existing resources and combine it into your project.

moonlightribbon likes this.
  7. moonlightribbon

moonlightribbon

Thanks you a lot :D that was exatly what I needed :D
    'cause yes, I already look in learn unity but there's no indication "step one" or "beginner" or even "start here" juste "How to 2Dplatformer", "my first 3D FPS"
    and that's not helping me if I haven't the basics, I just asked how start learning ^^'
    befor runing, I need to learn how to walking ;)

8. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Unless you're developing for a very common game genre, you're unlikely to find a tutorial specific to it. Focus first on the basics as already stated. Then venture off into at least watching some tutorials for other game types. You'll still pick up on ideas you could use in your game. When you've got the basics down you'll use your new knowledge, problem solving, and creativity to figure out how to put your game together.

Don't be afraid if you get stuck to come back to the forum for help. Just try to ask specific questions, which are the ones most likely to get answered. Good luck!

9. Antypodish

Antypodish