Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi any updates on these fixes?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by knocking, Dec 2, 2017.

1. knocking

knocking

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    JakubSmaga likes this.
  2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, they are still in progress. It's taking a bit of time because they are not being worked on in isolation, and several fixes and improvements related to root motion are being worked.

3. knocking

knocking

Alright thanks Seant.

4. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

2017.3 is out and it's still not fixed. @seant_unity Could we expect to see a fix in a patch release or 2018.x?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  5. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

The fixes will be in a version of 2018. I don't believe they will be back-portable to 2017.3.

Root motion has been undergoing transformations under the hood to better support timeline. 2018.1 has some of the changes that will fix issues with root motion with scale in timeline. You should notice the changes in the inline curve window - root motion values show up explicitly. Those needed to be addressed first, and now the animation team can properly address the absolute vs relative position issue.

JakubSmaga likes this.
  6. zeb33

zeb33

Hi, any news on this fix?

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  7. OtakuD

OtakuD

The timeline is such a great idea but it's so broken with runtime animators, most of my controllers use them but then when I bind the character to the timeline I have to remove the runtime animator which causes all manner of errors.... *pulls out hair*

8. grossimatte

grossimatte

Timeline is kind of useless with all these limitations. This issue is still there in 2018.3 (beta), making the whole thing useless.

9. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

To give an update, it looks like a much better solution will land in 2018.3. That includes scaling root motion, making the starting position an option on the track (as opposed to the existance of a controller) as well as some other root motion/transform improvements.

We were hoping for 2018.2, or even 2018.1, but the change involves risk to both timeline and to animation, and we do everything we can to avoid regressions.

Eidrog and JakubSmaga like this.
  10. Eidrog

Eidrog

11. Uqido

Uqido

Same problem here.

12. Cloud-Ninja

Cloud-Ninja

Did anyone test this with the 2018.3.0b1 Beta? I have and it doesn't seem to be fixed. I hope I'm wrong.....