Search Unity

Hey there, am looking for feedback with my game I am building, called "THEMINE"

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by LtKelleyUSMC, May 21, 2023.

1. LtKelleyUSMC

LtKelleyUSMC

Will post later when I have updated my project

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  2. Murgilod

Murgilod

First, there's a work in progress forum for these. Second, what do you want us to give feedback on? By your own admission, the only thing that works is the terrain and your video makes it look like it runs at roughly 15fps.

LtKelleyUSMC likes this.
  3. kdgalla

kdgalla

The forum for WIP projects is here:
    https://forum.unity.com/forums/projects-in-progress.677/

If you are trying to achieve 60 frames per second but not getting there, the important thing is to use the profiler:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Profiler.html

This is a tool that Unity provides to analyze your performance and find the source of any slowness. First determine if your problems are GPU or CPU based. If it's CPU bound, that's pretty easy to trouble-shoot because the profiler gives you a detailed breakdown of every script running and how much time each of them takes. If you are GPU bound, that's a little more difficult but you might be able to get help on the graphics subforum.

If you're trying to improve performance and you're not using the profiler, then you're just guessing what the problem might be. Taking shots in the dark, you may end-up spending a lot of time fixing things that don't matter.

LtKelleyUSMC likes this.
  4. Amon

Amon

I'd like to add one important thing along with what other's have said. You have a 46 minute youtube video of your game but it shows nothing except something that is extremely unoptimized and slow for what is being rendered on screen. I don't need to watch 46 minutes of this to determine what I've said.

LtKelleyUSMC likes this.
  5. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Moved to correct forum.