Search Unity

Hey, I can't recall if there was a way to change sprite slice color

Discussion in '2D' started by soft_sound, Apr 20, 2020.

1. soft_sound

soft_sound

Hey I'm in the sprite editor working with a white sprite with a transparent background (A text box) and I'm trying to slice it. The problem I'm facing is the slice itself is white and I can't see it over my white image. I don't recall if there was a way to change the slice color, I feel like there was but I can't remember if it's from a later version.

I'm currently using Unity 2018.2. Is there a way to change the slice color?

For those who will ask what the the sprite editor is here is the manual.

I did not tag this as I was not allowed to create tags for any of these tags - editor, sprite editor, slice sprite, slice color.

2. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

You can adjust its color through the Color property on the SpriteRenderer or UI Image component. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're describing. You're 9-slicing the sprite? It would be helpful to see your white image vs slice or a sketch of them.

3. soft_sound

soft_sound

I was able to fix it, it seems to be a white splice line when set to multiple sprites but if you only slice with one sprite it turns green so It's fine now. Just had to set it to a single sprite so it's easier to nine slice as an a single image. Works great.

It was the sprite editor itself not the sprite or sprite renderer I was adjusting hence the link to the manual page featuring the sprite editor.

link

Oh and here were the settings on the inspector that changed the sprite editor to change the color.

link

Mesh type can probably be changed to Full Rect but it still works when changing the Draw Mode in the Sprite Renderer to Sliced.

4. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

Hmm I see what you mean. @Unity This color should probably be adjustable within Preferences but it is not, in case someone else is working with greens.

soft_sound likes this.