Search Unity

Other Hey BATTLETECH Fans!

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by DarthHawk13, May 12, 2022.

1. DarthHawk13

DarthHawk13

Mech Designer

This is a fan project for the BATTLETECH universe. I absolutely do not own or have any rights pertaining to the BATTLETECH franchise. This is the beta version of the app/software. I bought myself a copy of the BATTLETECH board game mid-March 2022. I love the idea of creating custom mechs. After reading through the manual I decided to create a companion app for the board game with the sole purpose making it easier to create custom mechs. This app outputs a simple HTML file with the info needed for populating an official mech data sheet for the board game. I still need to make some finishing touches including calculating the custom mech's battle value. This app allows users to create the information for mechs in the BATTLETECH universe around the year 3025.

A EULA is included in the zip file. By downloading the software you are agreeing to the EULA. It's pretty standard no reverse engineering/decompiling/tampering with the code and all that jazz. It also states in the EULA this is a fan project and I have no rights to anything BATTLETECH.

Here's the download link. The video also shows what it does.

This beta test version is just for Windows. I plan on releasing the finished app for Windows, Linux, and Mac.

Here's my gamer website: www.zamerg.com.

I have another website dedicated to serious games made with Unity. www.4xspacetime.com
    I also think it's important to work on small projects every now and then while creating large projects so us indie devs preserve our sanity. Let me know what you think :)

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I recommend people don't download strange zips from the internet, but if people will it will be their own risk, YMMV and so on - usual mod disclaimers.

WebGL demos tend to be less risky though, if there is one - and a generally good way to share work/progress!

3. DarthHawk13

DarthHawk13

Understood :)
    There's nothing malware related about the download. I did contact Catalyst Game Labs regarding this project, so they have my personal contact info, and also provided them the same download link regarding the beta. I own two businesses and if this download were to have bad stuff in it I'd get in serious trouble. The video shows how it works so if nothing else people can watch the video. And I did pay Mr. Blackwell for his artwork shown in the app title screen.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's just a standard disclaimer for the innocents of the world.