Search Unity

Hey a few questions about Licenses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShadowZie, Jan 20, 2021.

1. ShadowZie

ShadowZie

Hey, I have a few questions about Licenses

1. Me and my friend opening a business soon for our game development studio and we are going to use the personal (free) licenses is it ok to use them as a company/business? because we are still not earning any money.

2.We are planning to buy some assets from the assets store and we are going to use them in our projects now we don't know if both of us need to buy the assets or only one of us will own them? or we can open one unity account with the business name and buy them there? what should we do?

3.About the assets store, When I buy an asset How can I be sure that I won't have any copyrights problem? or if the creator stole or just used some random assets from google.

4.If someone asks me to show proof that I am the owner of the assets how I can show him the licenses?

Thanks for helping.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The higher tier licenses are only required when you exceed annual revenue thresholds. With $0 revenue you can certainly use the free license.

You have to investigate each asset. Some assets are sold as per seat, meaning you need an additional license for each developer. Other assets only need a single license for the business. I think it is made fairly clear in the top right area on the asset's page.

Buyer beware. You'd have to do your own investigation.

Generally I wouldn't be concerned if you are dealing with a popular asset, or one which receives frequent updates.

I've never heard of this. I suppose you could show a screen shot of your "My Assets" in the store.

Antypodish likes this.
  3. kdgalla

kdgalla

When you purchase an asset, you will receive an invoice number in your email. Some asset providers require this before they answer support requests.

Joe-Censored likes this.