Search Unity

HexTech - Hexagon Tile Based Map Framework available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tasarran, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Tasarran

Tasarran

Project Status:

Done:
    • Basic terrain editor functioning
    • Basic unit selection
    • Info window gives data on hover
    • A* pathfinding
    In Progress:
    • Terrain texturing
    • Borders
    • Save/load maps
    Backlog:
    • Terrain objects (Trees, rocks, etc)
    • Turn structure
    • Unit movement animation

2. digiross

digiross

Any screenshots of the new version in the works?

3. Tasarran

Tasarran

I'm wrapping up the new procedural texture creation, I'll post something soon.

Borders are working , but I don't currently have any demo in because I want to add a list of sides on the MapManager that will hold side-specific data, including border colors; I'll try to remember to draw some borders for the shots.

4. Tasarran

Tasarran

Procedural texturing and snow...

5. Michael_Spitzer_at_Goodly_Innovations

Michael_Spitzer_at_Goodly_Innovations

I can't find this on the asset store... Searching for "HexTech" returns nothing. Also, the page that supposedly has the demo version (according to the OP) links to a chinese sports-betting site...

6. Tasarran

Tasarran

Sorry, the beginning of this post is very out of date. As you can see, I don't even have the website any more (I took the link off).

When 2017 came out, I was working on a for-hire project, and I didn't have time to update the package for the new version, so Unity deprecated it.

This is version 4. It is still WIP, but it is better in every way. Has a built-in editor this time, and I'm in the process of replacing the texture-drawing functions with a purely shader-based system.

I'm working every day to get the new version ready for release; it should be ready by the end of May at the latest.

Thanks for your interest.

7. BruinsCat

BruinsCat

hello. I’ve been searching for exactly what you’re building! Do you still plan to release it? If not, would you sell license for what you have. I’d much rather start from what you’ve got than start from scratch like I’ve been trying to do!

8. screret

screret

Is this done?