Search Unity

HeroKit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AntFitch, Aug 12, 2017.

1. AntFitch

AntFitch

2. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I don't know if Ant has plans to support multiplayer natively, but I would guess it will be much further down on his priority list, compared to the single player functionality he is working on adding to the kit now (e.g., the RPG addon). Multiplayer adds a lot of complexity and fundamental changes to game logic that are so different from single player games.

You can conceivably implement multiplayer within the kit on your own by programming custom actions, but that's no easy task. If you want the traditional server authoritative model that helps prevent player cheating, it'll be even more challenging. Part of the attraction of HeroKit is not having to understand and program down at that level of implementation, so trying to add multiplayer will basically negate that benefit.

3. AntFitch

AntFitch

4. Ignatios

Ignatios

Are you also able to easily add custom models for the players/npcs? Another seemingly dumb question, modifying different stats and how they act?

5. Ignatios

Ignatios

@chiapet1021, my goal is a a p2p network separated by a session ID that allows up to 6 players (possibly friends) mainly that allows them to play together

6. AntFitch

AntFitch

@Ignatios, adding your own models is very easy. Drag one into a hero object and it appears automatically in the scenes where the hero object is used.

Take a look at tutorial 5 and 6 to quickly hook up models and their animation controllers. https://aveyond.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18896-herokit-youtube-tutorial-series/

This is a place where HeroKit shines because a hero object can have multiple states. Each state can have its own model. Convienent for things like animals that need to morph from egg > creature > skeleton.

Even better, if you use one hero object 100 times in a scene and swap a model for that hero object, this change is reflected in all instances where that hero object is used in the scene.

7. Ignatios

Ignatios

@AntFitch thanks for your rapid response and I am liking the functionality along with the ease. I plan on purchasing once I get paid.

8. Ignatios

Ignatios

@AntFitch do you have any tutorials that are videos that go through creating everything? such as setting up the player able to create and customize their character etc

9. AntFitch

AntFitch

It's been a while since I've posted. We've been building a huge swath of RPG features so that you can build a massive diablo-styled RPG. This will get it's own thread (it's that huge). In the meantime, here is a screenshot of one of the coolest features in HeroKit: Hero Objects. Hero Objects are like prefabs on steroids. You have an incredible amount of control how they look in a scene, and you can swap out prefabs on them with two clicks. The change will ripple thorough all of your scenes. Easy!

Duffer123 likes this.
  10. Duffer123

Duffer123

@AntFitch ,

You do realise your Asset is still only £35 on the Asset store?!

I mean, just saying, compare that with similar assets....

11. tork12

tork12

Can the dialog be audio that I have recorded and/or text, or text only?

12. AntFitch

AntFitch

@tork12, you can attach your own audio. If you want, you can play audio only. Or you can show text and audio. You can also localize text and audio for different languages.

13. MasochisticMistress

MasochisticMistress

Why is this asset listed when I search for playmaker addons on the asset store? Is there an integration support for playmaker?

14. AntFitch

AntFitch

Today, a developer asked me if HeroKit supported XBox controllers. Yes it can. And it can support many controllers at once because who wants to make a game for just one platform these days? It can also support combination input.

I realized that I haven’t talked much about one of the most awesome features of HeroKit: its flexible rules engine for input, which can be used on an Event inside a State on a Hero Object.

By default, hero objects can check for input from the mouse, keyboard, and joystick. You can check for one input or an input group before an event can run (for example, an event might only run if you press the SPACEBAR key. In the screenshot below we clicked the green icon on the right of "When to run". This created a new input group. In that input group, we added one input.

upload_2018-4-28_7-32-28.png

Or an event might only run if you press SHIFT + SPACEBAR at the same time). In the screenshot below, notice how both inputs are in the same block. In this example, we clicked on the green icon to the right of "When to run" to create an input group. Then we clicked on the green icon inside the input group to add another input to this group.

upload_2018-4-28_7-32-58.png

You can also have separate input groups do the same thing (for example, you could move the player up with the UP ARROW key or with the W key). In the screenshot below, notice how each input is in its own block. To achieve this, we clicked on the green icon to the right of "When to run" twice. This created two separate input groups.

upload_2018-4-28_7-33-24.png

Note: More input types can be added if you know some coding. A good place to figure out how to do this is in the HeroKitDatabase.cs file where user input is stored.

Attached Files:

Shodan0101 likes this.
  15. Duffer123

Duffer123

@AntFitch ,

The YouTube link at the start of the first page on this Forum thread is currently down...

16. AntFitch

AntFitch

@Duffer123, thanks for letting me know. This should be fixed now.

Duffer123 likes this.
  17. gferrari

gferrari

Does this full 2d support now? Thanks!

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  18. AntFitch

AntFitch

gferrari likes this.
  19. gferrari

gferrari

Thank you I have another question, I have knowledge of c # and I use playmaker usually for convenience. I want to make a game like Aveyond 4 (2d). Is it possible to do it with Hero Kit?. Basics at the beginning, simple inventory, dialogue, movement in 4 or 8 directions, attack with melee or shooting. If I wanted to add mechanics on my own in playmaker can I access the variables of a Hero object? or can I access it by a script c # ?. Thank you very much! I saw videos and it seems very practical and powerful, only that I'm scared then just depend on Hero Kit for everything.

20. gferrari

gferrari

I'm going to buy it anyway, I see a lot of effort in this project and I want to contribute. Your way of responding and helping everyone is excellent. If I do not use it, at least I know I am contributing to someone who does things well. Now I start to investigate and learn to use it. Thanks for this asset!

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  21. cha7ta

cha7ta

Is support Mobile?

22. Razmot

Razmot

23. dmcompany

dmcompany

We are non-programmers. How much knowledge of Unity really needs to be known to use the HeroKit ?

24. Duffer123

Duffer123

Little or no coding required in c# but you will need to set out your HeroActions, conditions and so on logically, provide your own terrain and assets like character models etc. Much easier than programming. I love it.

25. dmcompany

dmcompany

Thank you for your reply. We are expecting a learning curve for the asset but were wondering if there are any demo type scenes / project in the kit to possibly look at or tinker with to better see how some things work.

26. Duffer123

Duffer123

@AntFitch , I'll leave above to you. I'd observe there are some simple walk through tutorials too.

27. jonathanduncan

jonathanduncan

This looks like something I might use in a game I am going to try to make. Mine is Sci-Fi Based though. Does this support sci-fi stuff or just fantasy at the moment?

28. Havok_ZA

Havok_ZA

Can I use this in a First Person style mode? i.e does the features work in First Person?

29. iuxeayor

iuxeayor

Hello @AntFitch ,
    I am considering options for a Hack-n-Slash idea I have been having and came across this asset which looks pretty good. I went through this forum thread and found that the last mention of multiplayer was back in 2013. Is multiplayer, local (couch co-op) or online, a feature that will be added in at any time? Or is there a networking unity asset that you know of that plugs-in well with HeroKit?

Thank you,
    -Iuxeayor

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  30. Mark_01

Mark_01

Hi @AntFitch

Do you have a guess-estimate when the RPG section will be ready about ?

I got this about 6 months ago to support your work. For me I am hoping for a RPG
    that can have melee and magic in it. There are a ton of shooters/survival type packages, but
    not very many " good " Rpg systems that are easy to set up as well.

I think you have a very solid base to work from here. Hero kit is very well done IMHO :)

31. Widhi-Muttaqien

Widhi-Muttaqien

Hi AntFitch, I think HeroKit is awesome just looking at the concept of it. I just have 1 question. Does it play nice with other controller-based framework? such as: "combat framework" (by Mario Lelas) or 3rd person controller (by opsive) or other controller system by ootii. Thanks in advance.

32. GwenBlanketKnight

GwenBlanketKnight

33. MostHated

MostHated

I am having some trouble with this. When I try to import it, it just never finishes and Unity ends up in a "Not Responding" state. I let it sit there trying to import for like 40 minutes and nothing happened minus it sitting at 20ish % cpu usage. I tried with 2018.2.1f1.

Thanks,
    -MH

34. MostHated

MostHated

I, too, wonder if the TPC integration was ever done?

35. klck

klck

Saw this a while ago and since I have a few days off I was going buy it... but no update since May? Even the developers have ignored this forum since May.

Anyone know of an actively developed alternative to this asset?

36. FunkyBuddha

FunkyBuddha

Same story with AIO-RPG, poor support, I'm already considering hitting the buy button for this asset, but upon knowing that there aint no reply to some of its users question, I'm already having second thought if its worth it.

37. Mark_01

Mark_01

Yes same here, I was going to post this morning.. I if I buy another asset like this, I will Not buy on a promise of RPG ever again.
    RPG and the simple stuff like vendors HP MP AI ... Got this like last year because of " talk " of RGP mode ...

This is the last kit I bought that had/has " promised RPG "

Any new " kits " great, but if no RPG, no buy... :D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    gferrari likes this.
  38. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

With its current 2D functionality, would you say it's fully capable of creating a 2D platformer?

39. FiveNerds

FiveNerds

Hey there, First let me say that this is one of the coolest, most amazing creations I've seen for the novice unity Dev. That said, I'm experiencing the following challenges after loading it into my engine. (Unity 2018.2.6f1)

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(99,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `targetObject' and no extension method `targetObject' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(101,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `defaultPos' and no extension method `defaultPos' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(102,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `defaultAngles' and no extension method `defaultAngles' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(103,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `firstPerson' and no extension method `firstPerson' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(104,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `Initialize' and no extension method `Initialize' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(99,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `targetObject' and no extension method `targetObject' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(101,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `defaultPos' and no extension method `defaultPos' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(102,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `defaultAngles' and no extension method `defaultAngles' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(103,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `firstPerson' and no extension method `firstPerson' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(104,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `Initialize' and no extension method `Initialize' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    When I attempt to create Objects or Actions, it appears that the Package hasn't registered in the Assets. There are not GUI options for creations. Which is heartbreaking, because I just spent about 700$ to create a game around this specific tool. If you have the time, I'd love to know what it is I did wrong after Importing it into my Project.

Thank you!

-Brandon​

40. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Although this tool is now free it looks like its been abandoned.

41. imgumby

imgumby

Shame...was really looking forward to the rpg add on which is kind of why I made the purchase in the first place....

42. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

is this actually abandoned? fromt eh forums I can see one of the leads left due to a job, but I am not sure if they were the ones working on herokit. Last activity was October 25th, so not super long ago. I can't see anywhere saying it's closed off.

Duffer123 likes this.
  43. AntFitch

AntFitch

eaque, hopeful, StevenPicard and 2 others like this.
  44. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I know it's easy for people to get upset when an asset is abandoned by its developers but when they make the move, like you did, to open source it shows a great deal of good will. Circumstances change in life and we can't always be in control of what happens but this move of yours shows you intend no ill will and wish the best to all who previously purchased and supported this asset.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    darknubis365, eaque, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  45. Ryiah

Ryiah

Please upload a license file (I recommend MIT). Just uploading the project to Github isn't enough. Without a license file it isn't actually open or free to use from Github.

https://help.github.com/articles/licensing-a-repository/

46. Duffer123

Duffer123

Time to cry now .. :(

47. Razmot

Razmot

I did add an issue on github for the license, antfish will probably get notified of github issues
    and I added another one to suggest you to still sell the package on the store (like an optional donation)

48. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

but ..saving sistem work or is not completed yet?

49. asre1234

asre1234

Hello Guys, is there any tutorials, because web site not work actually.

50. Vejas

Vejas

I cant find player controllers on unity 2020 version. Any help?