Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Were Creatures Pack Volume 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, May 9, 2018.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there!
    We have started on the Heroic Fantasy Were Creatures Pack Volume 2! The first one in the pipe: Werespider

The pack will include 5 characters for $84.99. Will be included:
    • werespider
    • wereshark
    • weregoat
    • weredragon
    • werelephant
    Cheers!! :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Rajmahal and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

***Reserved***

3. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Looking forward to these! Any chance you guys have concept art to share to give us a general idea of what these may look like? :)

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  4. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Fantastic. Can't wait for this pack.

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sorry, we won't share them. We just use them internally. Sometimes we also do some quick prototype sculpting in brush too...
    Since I know you're usually an early bird customer, the pack will be available with the first 3 characters at $64.99, and as usual the 2 remaining ones will be treated as free add-ons.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

The werespider's animation set is now complete. 27 animations (10 being root motion variations); The sketchfab viewer has been updated. Model will most likely be available on Protofactor Store tomorrow.
    Cheers! :)

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

8. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Any chance I can buy the pack now to have access to the werespider immediately? I could use it in my current game project which launched on steam last week.

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey @Rajmahal We were waiting to have 3 were creatures from volume 2 before launching the early bird special... We found that to be more fair to customers (if our company happen to vanish, swallowed by black hole) who would be getting a tiny rebate on a bundle of 3 at least...
    Since you want to be in because you already know we always deliver (since 2012 that's what we do, thanks a lot for your trust!) we created the pack.
    We're currently working on the wereshark (great white shark hybrid with a buff human male body). This model should be ready next week (around Wednesday).
    Then the third will be the weredragon.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  10. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Since you are a trusted name and publisher I've purchased from before, I wouldn't have a problem paying for an early release of the pack either. Even if only one model is available, I'm confident the rest are coming. This also gives those of us who struggle for cash a longer period to budget for and get the cash for the early bird price before the price starts going up! Your models are well worth the full pack price when complete and I wouldn't flinch at buying them all if I had the cash. But more often than not, coming up with $100 or more that I can use for assets is a struggle. I really appreciate the business model you use for early adopters!

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks for the kind words and the trust you put in our brand! :)

12. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks for your support! We might add some weapons to that character in a potential update. No promises, but this might happen.

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Wereshark is now modeled and skinned. Weapons are done. Just need some sort of a loincloth made out of seaweed to make it complete. Here is the early sketchfab viewer to check it out:

Hope you guys will like it. :)

15. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Love the weapons.

16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'd be happy with just attack and idle animations with clenched fists to be honest. I can add weapons on my own.

17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks! We've just added the final touch: seaweed skirt (sketchfab viewer updated). Still needs to have its skinning fixed.
    You'll have to wait for an update for that, sorry.

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there! Wereshark's animation set is now complete (36 animations included) Sketchfab Viewer updated. Model will be available tomorrow on PROTOFACTOR STORE.

Next will be the Weredragon! :)

19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

20. hopeful

hopeful

The wereshark looks awesome! I, too, would probably forgo the weapons, though maybe he should carry a laser rifle. I'll have to think about that. ;)

Also looking forward to the weregoat, to see what that is like, as I would like something of a Pan nature, but not the typical Satyr. I imagine you're going for a goat headed biped, and that sounds fine to me.

Might pick up the were-elephant too. :)

21. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Ditto on the weapons.. I'd rather do weapons that are normal in my game but love having these as a possible option. Shark looks great! Love the seaweed skirt/loincloth type addition. Budget ended up tighter than I thought on 15th. Hoping to pick up the combo pack on the 1st.

Keep up the awesome work!!! Can't wait to see the next one!

22. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

rosor I started a conversation with you here on Unity forums a week ago and not got a reply. As this is very unike you hoping you just missed it. Can you possibly take a look.

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like the wereshark! :) Well, it's heroic fantasy so we might be adding weapons like swords or hammers shield and what not. For sure some cool laser gun and SciFi weapons could also be cool. Maybe a paid add-on???? ....
    Regarding the weregoat we're indeed heading towards a head goat hybrid, not the satyr. After the weredragon we'll be developing the werelephant (pretty excited about that very one).

Budgeting can be very frustrating.... Thanks again for considering purchasing the pack. We do hope this isn't going to sink your budget to the deep... :(

Sorry about that.... It was indeed overlooked... :( I just replied to the conversation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    High definition model of weredragon is now done. Needs to be retopoed etc... Still a lot of time to put in... Here is a screenshot:

WeredragonHiREZ_01.jpg

Hope you guys will like it. It'll most likely hold a sword and a shield. For the sword we were considering a nice Dragon jaw bone with sharp teeth and for the shield a giant dragon scale.

Have a great week end! :)

BackwoodsGaming and Rajmahal like this.
  24. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks great. Any loin cloth or armour planned?

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

haha! the one thing I forgot to mention. ... yep it will have a torn piece of loincloth.

nasos_333 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  26. hopeful

hopeful

Oh, don't worry about adding that for me. I have a ton of sci-guns. I was just making the usual "sharks with lasers" joke. :)

27. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol.. No worries, it wont. Your packs are well worth the expense. I eventually find a way to add the assets I like into my asset store Downloads page (or from developer's site purhcases) even it it takes some creative finance juggling. The asset store and game building is the least expensive of my hobbies. Not like trying to figure out how to come up with $4k to upgrade to my next camera for my photography habit. :p

The weredragon is looking awesome!

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Wow, the dragon looks stunning :)

When is this coming to the Unity store ?

Also could you add a central forehead horn option for the dragon, something like Diablo's horn ?

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

You got me on that one... I knew I've seen some cool cheesy movies or shows with some hybrid shark with laser guns...

Glad you like the upcoming weredragon. Wow, indeed ptotography can be pretty expensive... not sure what is the most though, camera or lenses?

The weredragon wasn't designed to have a central forehead horn, sorry. It won't be added. The pack will be on the Asset Store's shelves once all 5 included were creatures would be done. Means in about 3 weeks.

30. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Any chance of a few different colour options for the were dragon?

31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sorry for the delay on the last character. We had a lot to deal with since we're trying to diversify our activity.
    Weredragon is in animation state; here is the early sketchfab viewer to heck it out:

Rajmahal likes this.
  33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Updated Sketchfab viewer with some more animations (17 at the moment). Just need to create the forward and root motion variations for the attacks and wrap it up with the get hit and death.
    Model will be live Thursday.

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Updated Sketchfab Viewer: Animation set is now complete. 40 animations will be included in the package.

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

36. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there!
    Werelephant is on its way. Model is now fully modeled, rigged and textured. It's currently being animated. Here is the early sketchfab viewer to check it out :)

Hope you guys will like it.

Rajmahal likes this.
  37. kristiangrundstrom

kristiangrundstrom

The werelephant looks vicious! Nice job!

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks! Glad you like it. Hopefully you'll like his animations as well

39. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks amazing

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it! An updated sketchfab viewer will be live at the end of the business day.

41. hopeful

hopeful

I agree ... the mean look around the eyes is compelling ... draws attention right away.

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad to hear it! :)

Updated the sketchfab viewer with 18 animations. We might add an extra powerfull 3 hit combo then the get hit and death before calling it a character.... So a total of about 24 animations.

Cheers!

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Is the new asset in the Unity store ?

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Nope, not yer. Sorry. You'll have to be a little more patient.

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Weregoat is on its way and will most likely be on the shelves next Monday! This will be the 5th and final Add-On to the pack. Upon this final update, price will be raised to $84.99.

Here is the sketchfab viewer to check out the weregoat in real time (sill need the forward and root motion variaitons for the attack as well as the get hit and death.

Rajmahal likes this.
  47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks great! Humanoid rig? I'd love to add more weapons and my own animations to this guy.

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It's not humanoid fully. There is an extra bone in the legs. However it could be set up as humanoid. The only potential issue being the fact that animation could look slightly weird. Kind of like having someone standing on long tipy toes

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hopeful likes this.
  50. hopeful

hopeful

BTW, I take it the helmet is removable?