Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep, technician is going to show up on Monday afternoon... how great...
    And no latte for me... big fan of the simple but efficient small hot cocoa with croissant or chocolate croissant if it's a speciial morning :)
    Edit: I'm French after all... :)

2. hopeful

hopeful

I've not been to a Starbucks in years, but the last time I was there they had a special thick cocoa, and that was my usual beverage. A chocolate or almond croissant sounds like a good addition, especially if the upload speed is sloooooow. ;)

3. l0cke

l0cke

I have question regarding moutain dragon pbr. It seems there are only root motion animations, Am I correct?

4. l0cke

l0cke

I see problem directly in 3ds max:

Model has bones BASILISK_ -> BASILISK_ L Thigh.

Idle animation has bones BASILISK_ -> BASILISK_ Pelvis -> BASILISK_ L Thigh

Result is deformed model

Attached Files:

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It should not. It should have in place and root motion animations (with suffixe _RM)

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Can you confirm that all the animation files have the same hierarchy that is different from the skin-T-pose model? If it's the case, you can just re-arrange the hierarchy of the T-pose one to match the animations and it should work. What's weird is that all the animations are playing fine in our submission project. This means that hierarchy between motion files and skinned model is the same. Otherwise animationshould would be messed up. Maybe some sort of cache in your computer kept the old version of the model and just changed the animations.

7. l0cke

l0cke

Rest of animations is OK, problem is only with idle. I am opening model in 3ds max (no cache) and old version is not present in my computer.

8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

So it's just the idle which is playing weird? I would need to investigate a little further to see want is up with that. Not in front of the computer. Will try to check it out and let you know by tomorrow

9. l0cke

l0cke

Yes, just idle. Thanks.

10. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great animations. I also like the cavernous hole in his stomach. It implies that he feeds on life energy in a non-biological way.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Hippogriff has been upgraded. Well, still need to fix some tiny glitches but for the most part it's ready.

Next one might be the Asian Black Dragon.
    @l0cke : We didn't forget about you, no worries. We're currently switching offices and in that mess which is going to last over a month it's hard to find time for little fixes. But we're on it.

TeagansDad likes this.
  12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 V2.141 is live. It's just a minor fix to the overall package size. For some reason the V2.14 was 2.8Gb... this new version is 2.4Gb
    @IOke: currently fixing the Basilisk hierarchy before re exporting the whole set of fbx. This update will be live once Asian Black Dragon will be upgraded (Most likely by the end of next week, worst case scenario).

13. l0cke

l0cke

Thanks!

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there! Long time no update... this office switching is painful and make us waste some time till everything is done... sorry about that.
    Despite that, we made some nice progress on the Black Dragon upgrade! :)
    we tweaked the design and the geometry is brand new. Model is now 33.5 Ktris and is rigged and skinned. it will use 2 materials ( body and hair).
    Here is a quick render of how it look like (no albedo texture at the moment):

Hope you guys will appreciate the upgrade... :)

15. hopeful

hopeful

Awesome! He might need a chiropractor though. ;)

16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Huge improvement to an already great model.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc and hopeful like this.
  17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Don't you worry!:) he's really flexible and young the hernia might come in 500 years... Maybe some acupuncture
    might help restore his chi... but the upgrade should have taken care of that already!
    Thanks, Indeed the old model had a pretty decent design. But it was more than 2 years and a half old and done with some outdated techniques... This new redesign is definitely bringing it to a next level.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update! :) :
    Now model is entirely textured. The already existing animation set will be polished, improved and maybe new animations added besides the root motion variations. here is the Sketchfab Viewer to check it out in real time. Model is just posed at the moment.

Hope you guys will like it.
    Cheers! :)

nasos_333 and hopeful like this.
  18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

update: Black Dragon is pretty much finished. Just need some final tiny tweaks before wrapping up and putting it on the shelf.
    Sketchfab viewer has been updated:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next will be 2 characters from Volume 1: most likely ghoul and manticora.

cheers! :)

19. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I think you should keep a list with the updated characters somewhere (maybe in the first post). i already lose track of what models are updated :(

20. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Ghoul update would be amazing. Will you do a heavy redesign? If so, I'd love something with a more muscular and heavier build.

21. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I will
    Well... here I'm not sure. I will have to look that up. I remember googling around and seeing that ghouls are some sort of ugly zombie Ish women... I definitely had some pretty cool designs in mind. But yep, total redesign for the ghoul and heavy redesign for the Manticora (mostly head and feet but that will make a big difference)

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Done. You can check that on the first post of the thread.

b4c5p4c3 likes this.
  23. hopeful

hopeful

Ghoulah (or variants) is the female version of ghoul.

In the "more than you wanted to know" dept. ... IMO, the word probably derives from the same proto Indo-European word - something like gwehlan - that was used to describe both a seagull (a greedy, aggressive, food-stealing bird) and a gull (stupid person). Probably it was applied to people who were poor and starving in ancient times, eventually giving rise to the notion of the ghoul.

(EDIT: And the word "gullet," which is also idiomatically related to greedy eating, as in "stuffing one's gullet."

EDIT2: Also, gullible and guile, here in the sense of thieving.)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

well, thanks for the info :) but unfortunately this doesn't help give an art / design direction... I guess the route should be demon ish, zombie ish, mutant ish ... ish ...ish ...ish... lets see what's going to get out of this
    can only be good... right?!! :)
    Still have to wrap up the black dragon, anything can happen...

25. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, it doesn't drive the art direction. You still have to come up with your own thing, preferably something more supernatural than a hungry-looking person. ;)

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Upgraded Black Dragon is now live on the Asset Store.
    Upgraded hippogriff is now live on the Asset Store.
    Heroic Fantasy creatures Full Pack Volume 2 V2.14 (with upgraded Hippogriff and Black Dragon) is currently being processed by the Asset Store Servers and should be live pretty soon. Price has been raised to $273.90. You guys still have a little bit of time to get it whaile it's still at $261.90 and save $12.
    Customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE will have their download links sent either later today or tomorrow morning.

27. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

interesting info on the ghoul. In the end, I'm happy with whatever direction you go.

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Will do what's possible to please everyone... hopefully. Looks like it will not be possible to start on this until next Monday
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On a side note Volume 2 V2.14 is no live and available at $273.90. 17 out of the 30 included characters have been upgraded.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New download links have been sent to customers who purchased directly from PROTOFACTOR STORE volume 1 and volume 2. Looks like Werewolf and vampire download weren't sent...It's now sent... Sorry about the inconvenience and the delay ...

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there!
    Update!!!

Ghoul is currently in animation state and should be ready pretty soon.
    Hope you guys will like this huge re design.
    Model could potentially be used in almost any game genre. Ranging from Heroic fantasy to SCI FI.
    Edit: Boils on the left ar and the right leg are hide/ show capable since they are seperate skinned mesh renderers

Rajmahal and RonnyDance like this.
  30. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I really like the ghoul. Only the blue eyes are pretty strange and ugly to me.

31. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That is totallt, insanely awesome! Way better than I hoped for. I love the warts and boils.

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Still not quite sure about the eyes as well. The effect is not what was expected. these will be definitely retouched before wrapping up the model. We're going towards some sort of blind eyes... It's still a work in progress though, even if almost there...
    Glad you like it. Some heavy improvement indeed. that was totally required to bring it to a whole new level.

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: all the Ghoul's animations are now in. We re used the ones from vampire, it fits pretty well this character. We also retouched to the eyes. We made them more blinded, wanderer ish...

Model should be ready for the shelf tomorrow.
    Cheers!

nasos_333 and Rajmahal like this.
  34. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

One of your best. Fantastic job. Any ideas on the next one?

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Next in the pipe is Manticora, crossing between lion, human with a scorpion tail.
    Also, because of a mix up with offices switch etc... Ghoul won't be ready tomorrow but most likely during the week end... sorry about the inconvenience.

36. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update:
    Manticora is in the pipe. It's pretty much done. Just need to fix, tweak some animations, create the root motion variations and create some extra turn animations. Hope you guys will appreciate the huge improvements to the model.
    Here is the early Sketchfab viewer:

montyfi and Rajmahal like this.
  37. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks amazing. I love the horns. Any chance of having more than 1 get hit animation?

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It will have a second get hit animation, yep. Forgot to mention that. Glad you like this upgraded version.

39. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

All the animations for Manticora are in. Here is the updated Sketchfab Viewer:

Download links to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE have been sent (Ghoul and Manticora)
    Manticora is currently being processed by unity asset store servers and should be live soon. V2.16 of Volume 1 is being uploaded. It'll be live later today with a price increased ($285.90 instead of current $273.90 with addition of 2 upgraded characters ghoul and Manticora)
    Next to come are 2 characters from volume 2: Fungoid and Gorgon
    Cheers! and have a great week end. :)

montyfi and nasos_333 like this.
  40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there!
    Update:

AS you can see Fungoid is now modeled, rigged and skinned and has one animation. was wondering if this guy need a weapon (wooden stick) or should just use some sort of martial art techniques... Let me know.
    Hope you guys will like it.
    Cheers!! :)

montyfi, TeagansDad and nasos_333 like this.
  41. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Wow ... That's a huge improvement! Great job. I think a wooden club is a good idea.

42. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Just checking ... have you sent out email downloads for the giant bat yet? I might have missed it.

43. Enoch

Enoch

Looks fantastic. I say a rough stick (like one you would pick up in a forest) as a bow staff, keep the martials arts look and feel and go with a few bo staff animation attacks. Martial arts mushroom warrior wasn't what I was expecting but it actually looks pretty spectacular and is definitely different from anything out there.

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Pretty sure they were sent. it's possible to re send them to you though.

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Might stick with the bo staff and some exhale spores animations. it's going to be a fun character. pretty please with how it looks like so far.

46. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Yeah ... An exhale spore animation would be great.

47. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

do you need new download links for vampire and Werewolf?
    regarding fungoid, some quick morph targets were created to change the shape / size of the topping hat, forearm and calf. This way you can have some quick modifications on the fly for variations. will try to update the sketchfab viewer with these. pretty sure you can have morph animations in the viewer now. Never tried it though

48. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool. I have the werewolf but not the giant bat. Can you resend? I'll shoot you an email.

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

stupid 3ds max 2017 is just freezing all the time... had to revert back to V2015 in order to animate... such a waste of time...
    Updated sketchfab viewer with some new animation holding the Bo staff and with morph target to see what is possible to tweak.

Hopefully all the animations should be in tomorrow.

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Stunning :)