Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Giant monster bat is now modeled (low poly is 13.1 Ktris), rigged and roughly skinned. Model needs so tweaking and polish for the texture maps but it's getting there.
    Here is a quick render to see how it looks like. Here the lighting is a little bit dramatic to emphasize the creature's main lines.

Hope you guys will like it. It's not been a total redesign on that one since a bat is a bat basically, however we definitely tweak everything,to get to a slightly different design.
    Cheers! :)

2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Fantastic. I like it's standing pose too.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Here is an early WIP sketchfab Viewer for you guys to check the creature in real time:

Few animations are in at the moment. Still a lot to do in order to get it "shelf ready"
    Cheers and have a great week end :)

4. hopeful

hopeful

It's looking good!

I wonder if there's anything new that could be added to it, without too much trouble?

Like maybe a swooping attack where the wings sweep forward and use air to knock the player back ...? Or maybe a resettling idle, where it shrugs or shifts its position slightly as it perches on a ledge (kind of like a pigeon)? Or an upside-down hanging-drop-to-flight animation ...?

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

it might be possible to look into some of these. however, no promises here! :) phoenix had some sort of jump throw flames animation while flapping it's wings in the air, that could be something similar to that. regarding the hanging upside down, it could be cool. however it might be weird to go into that pose without having some sort of rock climbing on overhangs or something, and the wings could be an issue during this animation. will try to maybe look into that.

hopeful likes this.
  6. hopeful

hopeful

No problem. I wasn't sure if the wing design permitted an upside-down perch, or if an upside-down perch animation was planned, so I thought this would be the time to ask.

I guess an upside-down pose would be different from just flipping a ledge perch, as when upside-down the bat's neck would be relaxed, and the face pointing more toward true ground (not ceiling). Also, the folded wings might hang a bit high at the shoulders, due to gravity pulling them.

EDIT: Oh, and here's another animation idea: sonic scream attack. :)

7. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

That bat looks really scary

8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks, but it think it's mostly the lighting that emphasize this feeling. :)

9. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I actually think its the pose. Makes the thing look really big.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

it's pretty big indeed: almost 9 meters wings spread and about 1.60 meter high.
    Update: Model is now complete. Well, just need a few little tweaks... it'll be ready tomorrow. here is the "almost" final sketchfab viewer:

TeagansDad and hopeful like this.
  11. hopeful

hopeful

Awesome! Glad you were able to work some of those animations in. :)

And yes, the lighting looks amazing for the model, and ... I guess if it is 9m tip-to-tip then someone might be able to ride it! ;)

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Did what was possible to do. the rig wouldn't allow to do much of a great hanging upside down pose but it should do the trick from the distance... Not sure what / who could ride such a thing...
    Next will be the werewolf!! this one is going to be a total overhaul with a brand new redesign. Werewolf is really going to get some special attention and love to bring it to the next level.

13. hopeful

hopeful

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

awesome!! :)

15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Giant bat is now live on the Asset Store. Check it out here

Volume 2 v2.12 is currently being uploaded to the store, it should be live by the end of the day. Price will be raised to $261.90 with the addition of upgraded Kraken and Giant Bat. So you guys should go get it right now and save $12... :)
    Download links will be sent shortly to customers from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

17. Enoch

Enoch

These are awesome.

Would love it if the werewolf could fit into your were-creatures pack easily, meaning more humanoid-ish versus wolf-ish (if that makes sense). I loved the ability to equip the creatures of that pack with weapons, would love to be able to do the same with the werewolf.

hopeful likes this.
  18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It'll be maybe more humanoid ish. Nobody looks at the same thing the same way so I hope you'll think the same as me. However it'll be naked, means no armor or weapons. these might might need to be done on your end or maybe we'll create an Add-On with armor and weapons and extra animations for this specific character. Might more be like an upgraded version, with an upgrade path if you already own the naked one or the volume 1

19. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Armour and weapons are pretty easy to add. If the werewolf is compatible with humanoid rig, then that stuff is easy and can be done by the developer. No need for you to worry about it, in my view.

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It will only be compatible with generic mode unfortunately... legs are wolf legs. It might still be possible to set it up as humanoid but you might have some unexpected behaviors if you plan on retargeting animations. Maybe it's possible to set one bone as the foot. Not sure if this is anatomically realistic though but for some reason I think that's the way dogs / wolves legs are. All right, lets say it should be good! :)

21. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... either way, I'll be happy.

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update:
    werewolf is now modeled (low poly : 15 Ktris), textured (need tweakings and polish) rigged and roughly skinned. here is a quick render of the beast:

Hope you guys will like it.
    Cheers :)

23. hopeful

hopeful

My preference would be for five fingers on the hand and four toes and a dewclaw on the foot pad. Reducing the number of fingers and toes always reminds me of cartoon characters, like Mickey Mouse. ;)

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sorry, no five fingers for that one... hope this one doesn't look too much like Mickey Mouse...

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Early Sketchfab viewer with the werewolf posed and waiting for its animation set:

:)

26. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Fantastic ... It's amazing how quickly you produce stuff of such quality.

hopeful and PROTOFACTOR_Inc like this.
  27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it! :)
    If you use the right tools and you know how to use them, they can totally speed up the creation process. People taking way too long to create something are either not skilled enough (which is unlikely) or using outdated softwares, tools or technics. Sometimes it's hard to learn new skills and softwares when you also have to produce stuff or when you're getting older but it's the only way to survive in such a fast moving industry.

28. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Will it have an howl animation?

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It will have one, yep :)

b4c5p4c3 likes this.
  30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

updated the Skeetchfab viewer with some few animations. As you can see the howling is in :)

hopeful likes this.
  31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Final update before release of the werewolf early next week. Pretty much all the animations are in except the death one and the root motion variations.

Have a great week end! :)

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

33. hopeful

hopeful

Thank you! Downloading the new werewolf now ... :)

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

You're welcome. Enjoy the upgrade! :)

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Vampire is in the pipe. It's been redesigned from the ground up. It's now more humanoid ish . It'll have a humanoid rig. Low poly model is now done (15.15 Ktris), unwrapped, rigged and skinned. Just need a brand new animation set to be ready for the shelf.
    Here is a quick render of the upcoming Vampire v2.0:

Hope you guys will like it.

36. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

And here is the early bird sketchfab viewer (model is just posed at the moment):

:)

37. hopeful

hopeful

Much scarier than the previous version, and more detailed! :)

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Definitely yep. Also, wasn't sure about the black eyes.. but I'm pretty sure it adds to the scary feel. Might add some colors details in there so it's not totally black but it'll be part of the design.

39. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I didn't receive Werewolf update by email yet. Did you sent it?

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Download links are sent every 2 upgraded characters. This means you'll receive, as usual, 2 download links, one for werewolf and one for vampire once completed. This have been a little changed because of our yearly vacation. Fat Ogre and oak tree ents were planned but only fat ogre was complete before the vacation so we decided to sent it and also update the unity store with just one upgrade instead of two. We did the same, once back with the oak tree ent before moving on to the next two characters from volume 2. Hope that makes sense.

41. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

An option for red eyes would make sense if you ask me, because your giant (vampire) bat has red eyes.
    Thinking of a Morph Script where I change models :)

I bought the Vampire Bat some days ago and have to say very well done. Nice detailed model!
    LODs + more Color options for the skin would make this pretty outstanding.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  42. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks really nice. I reaally like the face. Any chance he will have a bite animation?

43. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

How do you get added to the list to receive new download links when assets are updated? I have A LOT of Protofactor assets purchased directly from your web store, but never know that any of the assets are updated until I happen to notice them in the Unity Asset Store. I'm following this thread (which helps keep track of new updates), but I don't always receive notifications from the Unity forum of new posts, so it's not very convenient to have to keep checking back in the Asset Store just to see if assets might have been updated.

While Unity's own update notification system is great, so far none of the handful of Protofactor assets I've purchased directly from UAS have been updated yet.

This isn't a deal breaker or anything (as I am up-to-date on all with all of my Protofactor asset releases), but it certainly would be a major convenience to be notified when assets that were purchased directly from your web store are updated.

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Not sure if we'll be adding texture options. this really add up to the size of the volume 1 or 2 which is already pretty big ( more than 2 Gb) and we're just past half way upgrading all the 60 characters from both volumes. Also regarding LODs there are plenty of plugins on the asset store to decimate models, atlas materials etc... We could obviously decimate models ourselves but we never know what is the exact need of the developer for their project.

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

thanks Raj, I'll have a bite animation. But were you thinking about a grab bite animation?? A grab bite would require to grab a standard size human. Most likely around 6.1ft or 1.85 m. We were thinking about having a bite, jump bite, grab bite and claws combo ending with grab bite.

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, you would have to follow that thread more closely and contact us each time we have a model you own that has been upgraded ( with the email address you used at the time of purchase)
    You most likely have purchased some of our models separately and not in a pack. Former PROTOFACTOR STORE would just keep track of purchases and mailing list for Volume 1 and 2 were created to be more convenient for updates back in the days. Sorry about the inconvenience.

47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Yeah, a grab bite would be fantastic for a typical human target.

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there, sorry for the delay... our Internet is down for an undefined period of time... the 31 animations of the Vampire are done. However, due to internet being down, it's impossible to update the Sketchfab viewer until possibly the 19th... pretty annoying... I can already say that some nice grab bite animation are in the set. Stand grab bite, Jump grab bite and 2 hit claws combo with grab bite finish.
    Will try to see if it's possible to hit a Starbucks to upload the finished version...
    Have a great week end.

hopeful likes this.
  49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Uploaded the final version from a crappy Starbuck's network... At least it's up there...

Hope you guys will like the Vampire V2.0 upgrade

hopeful likes this.
  50. hopeful

hopeful

Internet still down, eh? I hope you at least got a pumpkin spice latte. ;)