Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Updated the final version of the Giant Crab:

Just need to export everything.

2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... I like the new colour scheme. Looks much more natural and realistic than the previous one.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks @Rajmahal . The model is now live on the asset store. Volume 2 is currently being processed and should be live really soon.
    Download links will be sent tomorrow morning.

4. ivendar

ivendar

Great work on that crab and all the other models. Bought heroic creature pack 1 as well. Only thing I'd really love to see is a chance to get the old gargoyle as well as it really looks great.

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sorry Ivendar, we didn't get a chance to set something up for you yet regarding that matter.

Download links (Giant Scorpion, Giant Crab) sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE
    8 Hours left to take advantage of our 2016 Summer Sale

EDIT: Volume 2 V2.10 is live with giant scorpion and giant crab upgrades.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Fat Ogre is in the pipe. As previously mentioned this one will have a huge face lift to bring it to the next level. Managed to block out the shapes and silhouette. Still need a lot of work obviously but it's possible to show an early stage of the High poly version.

Hope you guys will like this early WIP of the upcoming Fat Ogre V2.0

On a side note this will be the last upgraded character for July since the yearly vacation are right at the corner. It'll be a minimum customer support between July 10th and August 7th. Thanks for your understanding.

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Fat Ogre is pretty much modeled (high poly), Still need to add the high frequency and micro details.

Have a great 4th of July extended Week end! Cheers! :)

8. ldl01031

ldl01031

I'd SURE like to see you add root motion to the Full Animals Pack (plus PBR if you like :). I'd even happily pay a (reasonable!) upgrade fee (i.e., I already own them).

PROTOFACTOR_Inc and mtornio like this.
  9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Can't make any promises regarding that at the moment... fist things first. Need to finish upgrading all the remaining fantasy characters.
    We'll be able to start the upgrade process on the next one (tree ent) around August 8th.

hopeful and mtornio like this.
  10. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Can't wait to see it. Hope you're enjoying the summer holidays.

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

We are!!! We'll be all refreshed and full of good vibes to continue the upgrade process... can't wait to move on to vampire, werewolf and kraken... and so many others...

hopeful likes this.
  12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Back In Business, after some refreshing and long vacation. Looks like there wasn't any sketchfab viewer for the fat Ogre so here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update:
    Tree Ent is in the pipe. Made some good progress on it. Again, it will be a re done from scratch for that one. So expect some huge improvement. Hope to have something to show tomorrow. Currently the model is in retopo state. It will certainly have some toggle able options: hair and beard (mossy, lichens, leaves, tiny branches). Might also include some mossy rocks since a grab rock, throw rock animations might be created.

Cheers! :)

13. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

The ogre looks amazing. I love how his belly jiggles around as he moves.

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks @Rajmahal , glad you like that one. Indeed the belly moves and the eyes are also animated to follow the opponent while performing the attack animations and for the get hits and death.

Update: Tree Ent is now modeled (low poly 36 Ktris with all options: foliage, lichens beard and lichen hair), without these options it's 16.3 Ktris) and textured. Model uses 2 materials ( main Body and foliage, lichens, branches)
    Here is a Sketchfab View to check out the T pose version of the character. It'll be ready next week.
    Hope you guys will like it and think that it's a huge improvement compared to the older version.

Cheers and have a great week end!
    :)
    Edit: mouth, eyes, eyelids will be animated in order to set the character in furtive mode and hide still like a tree.

15. hopeful

hopeful

@rosor - I'm not sure how, but if you can make him a little scarier, it might be good.

Also, if there are some details we can turn on/off to make several tree ents seem like distinct individuals, that would be good.

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

The objective wasn't to make this specific character scary but rather more some sort of a curiosity, a deformed being. It might be possible to retouch to the eyebrows so give a little scarier feel but that would be it.
    You'll have some sort of customization but nothing that would make them really different. Just 3 toggles ( beard, hair and foliage)

17. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Amazing ... absolutely love this one! The beard and little branches look fantastic.

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks @Rajmahal , still needs some tweaking for the glossiness of the foliage. Will also try to make it angrier. The skinning of the mouth should also help in that area. Creation of a little set of mossy rocks and use on of these as a throw able object for the animation set.

19. hopeful

hopeful

Maybe if you're aiming for deformed, the expression could have a touch of pain (or more pain)? It could look similar to anger, but maybe add some pathos. Maybe something like slightly divergent eyes, a sharply down-turning nose, etc.

Possibly there could be more detailing on the fingers? I know there are limitations, but they seem unusually regular. Maybe some slight imperfections, like asymmetrical knotting or scarring?

The bark texturing, BTW, looks fabulous. :)

EDIT: Just wondering out loud if maybe a way we could try to individualize these a little in our games would be to adjust the pose/constraints on the skeleton, so if there is any neck bone, for instance, the head could get tilted a bit differently for each one, arms could get tilted a bit, and so on.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

The rig will definitely be humanoid compatible. I'm not aware of all mecanim tricks, but maybe there is a way to reposition slightly limbs in different poses and just blend those poses with the animations set. Or maybe just tweak the muscle definition. I might add some extra bones here and there in order to maybe tweak the eyebrows, eyes position and then nose size, position and orientation. This would need to be tweak either at run time or it would be possible to create some several animated poses to blend.
    Let me know if it could be a good solution. But again to have some reallyrics different individuals it would require a brand new race and design. Here it's anot oak one, so it would be a pine tree etc.... could be cool, but it would be a whole new character.

21. hopeful

hopeful

A few extra bones sounds like a good solution, thanks!

I'm okay with the traditional oak ent. :)

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

update: Oak Tree Ent is now rigged and skinning is roughly done. As mentioned before some bones are available to tweak a little bit the head: nose: 2 bones, Eyebrows: 2* 3 bones, eye sock + chick: 2* 1 bones) eyes are rigged as well to enable some look at constraints, 2* 2 eyelids are also here to shut the eyes.
    Here is a quick render of the Oak Tree Ent posed:

Hope you guys will like it.
    Edit: fingers have been tweaked a little with some more curves and difference of length.
    Hope you guys will like it.
    Cheers :)

23. hopeful

hopeful

The asymmetrical fingers look scary! If the odd length interferes with the animations (like if there is a grasping animation), then of course you must make adjustments, but otherwise I'm quite pleased with them. :)

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it @hopeful !
    Updated the Sketchfab Viewer with the skinned version animated (still in animation state, 7 animations done so far)

Jaimi likes this.
  25. hopeful

hopeful

@rosor - I noticed that the right ankle seems to bend in on itself a bit during animations. Not sure if this is the kind of thing you ought to address, or if it's the kind of thing you can let go.

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Not sure what you mean by : "Bend in on itself". Maybe there is something that was missed. Can you elaborate? Maybe that's something obvious that got unnoticed.

27. hopeful

hopeful

It's not that big of a deal, but maybe there is a small error in the weighting of the model, or maybe some polys can be adjusted. The base of the front right shin goes forward a bit into the foot when the ankle is bent. The left foot seems to be fine. If you watch the ankles during the claw swipe animations in the Sketchfab above, you ought to see it.

Again, it's just a detail and not a huge deal, but I figure if it's an easy fix and you already have the model loaded in your editor ... I should mention it. ;)

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hoooooooo! Gotcha! well, the skinning is still a WIP. Not at the polishing stage yet. This will be fixed obviously. Just needed to have a decent skinning base to bring the model to life.
    So... no worries!! :)

Jaimi and hopeful like this.
  29. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great work on this one. Love it.

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it Raj! :)
    Update: Character is now done. Just need to export all the animations, create the key materials, package and upload.
    Here is the final Sketchfab viewer:

nasos_333, Jaimi and hopeful like this.
  31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

32. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great job. Any idea which one you'll do next?

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

KRAKEN!!!!!!

34. Jaimi

Jaimi

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It's not going to be like wrath of the titans... it'll be a crossing between, crab (legs), nautilus (shell), octopus (tentacles, beak). All this slightly deformed to give a tormented look, feel with crustaceans thingy on the shell etc... have something in mind that can look pretty sweet.
    hope to be able to bring to life this vision and make it as good as I think it can be.

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Amazing remake :), cant wait for the Kraken as well

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Download links sent to customers who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Demonic Creatures Pack is now fully upgraded at V2.04. It should be live really shortly.
    Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 should be processed later today if everything goes well.

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 V2.12 with Oak Tree Ent Add-On is now live. Price raised to $261.90

39. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

UPDATE: Kraken is in the pipe (pretty huge one I guess...) Low poly version is now created ( 52 Ktris total: Main body: 24 Ktris + tentacles: 8* 3.5 Ktris) Model uses 2 materials: Main body with 8192*8192 textures and legs / Tentacle / Claw with 4096*4096 textures. It's a really huge monster that can definitely be used as a main boss Monster. It's been designed so that developer can decide to use it in any game genre (from Heroic Fantasy to sci fi 3rd person shooter)

Here is a sketchfab viewer. Model is rigged ( main body 54 bones + 8* 15 bones: 174 bones) and roughly skinned at the moment.

Hope you guys will like this new upgraded version.

nasos_333 and hopeful like this.
  40. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

It's incredible! I love that it now has legs and could be used on the ground.

41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it @Rajmahal . It already had legs before. But for that new version it's been decided to emphasize more the tentacles while bringing down the legs and claws which became more like an accessory feature. For sure it'll be able to be used on the ground or low tide waters etc... or even underwater.

42. hopeful

hopeful

Big tentacles are a plus, as they can grab a ship or even ... if it scales up ... a New York skyscraper. ;)

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

true! the only issue with that would be the animations that would need to be done by an animator specifically for each project. Indeed, each ship or skyscraper would be different in size and shape.
    but right now kraken could be fun climbing on a building with its tentacles, a little bit like king Kong.

44. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'm actually thinking of using it for my next project ... which is a sci-fi, tactical shooter. I think it would work well as an alien similar to the cave crawler:

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 4.20.57 PM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, you'd have to be careful with performance. Even if you decimate it, it might still be a pretty heavy character to have. It would definitely need to be a Boss character. But for sure, this kraken can be a good "alien" creature as well. Definitely its purpose.

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

UPDATE: Kraken will be live tomorrow! It's been pretty painful to animate all those tentacles but it's finally over... 19 animations are included in the pack.
    Here is the updated Sketchfab Viewer:

Edit: Next will most likely be the giant monster bat.

hopeful likes this.
  47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Amazing model. Looking forward to seeing if I can make it workable on mobile.

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hope you'll be able to work something out! :)
    Kraken is now live! Check it out here!
    Volume 2 will be updated next week, most likely once the giant monster bat would be upgraded.
    cheers

49. hopeful

hopeful

Just a reminder that in the past there was a similarity between the giant bat and the vampire. (I have the old models and can use those if the new models diverge in appearance.)

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

they will definitely diverge this time. Vampire will be more like a humanoid. Also, next on the list after giant monster bat will be vampire and werewolf from volume 1.