Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Wings are the same size, yep.

hopeful likes this.
  2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That looks epic!

3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

here is a picture of the wyvern in air with its wings spread out:

Thanks @Rajmahal , glad you like it! :)
    Still need some lttle tweaks in the skinning in the chest area to make those spikes more spiky... but that's pretty much it

Rajmahal and TeagansDad like this.
  4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

update: Wyvern is now complete. Just need to export the animations and create / submit the update. To make you guys wait you can check it out in real time in the Sketchfab viewer:

Also, as a side note, PROTOFACTOR's giant Worm was selected to be featured in the recently published Sketchab VR app available for free on Google Play, Oculus rift, Gear VR and HTC VIVE. You can have a feel of the huge scale of this terrifying monster in VR within the app and check out some otehr really nice creations.

TeagansDad likes this.
  5. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

I love seeing these huge upgrades. Keep up the great work.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc and hopeful like this.
  6. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That is just mind blowing. One of your best ever models.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Great to hear. I'll keep it up for sure. No other solution :)
    Thanks Raj, pretty happy with how it ended up looking.

currently uploading Wyvern single asset, Fantasy Lizards pack and finally Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1. Price of those two last packs will be raised with the upgraded demon and wyvern. (fantasy lizards pack will be at $86.90 and Vol 1 will be at $238.90)
    It's a good moment to grab it before the price is changed.
    Cheers! :)

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  8. EETechnology

EETechnology

Looking Cool

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Wyvern upgraded to 2.0 and live on the asset store. ($34.90)
    Fantasy Lizards Pack updated to V2.01 with upgraded Wyvern price raise to $86.90 (instead of final $124.90)
    Vol 1 v2.08 is currently being uploaded ( huge pack 2.3 Gb), will let you guys know when this version is live. should be a few hours.
    Download links (Demon Lord and Wyvern) sent to customers who purchased directly from PROTOFACTOR STORE.

thanks! :)

10. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great job again on the wyvern. Any idea which one will be next?

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks again :)
    It'll be 2 characters from Volume 2 for sure. Now hesitating between Giant Crab, lacodon, basilisc and gargoyle. So if you guys have some preference, I'm all ear. New upgrade process will start tomorrow morning...

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Volume 1 v2.08 is now live, you can now have access to the demon lord and wyvern upgrades.

13. hopeful

hopeful

Of the models you list I have the gargoyle, so I would pick that one. I'm not in a huge rush, though, so if someone needs a different model or if there's an inspiration to work on another model, that's fine.

14. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

The basalisc would probably be most helpful for me at the moment. Working on some levels for my game set in a wizard's tower so it would be a good fit.

15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

All right guys, those two then.

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Basilisk has been upgraded to PBR with root motion animations. No real big changes on that one. You'll maybe notice that the details are a little more crisp but that's it ( and of course PBR support with ambient occlusion, specular, glossiness ...) It was a pretty straight forward port. Most of the models in Volume 2 should be easy to port. A few will need a big face lift. Gargoyle will be one of those...

17. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great work. I was thinking there wasn't much needed to improve the Basilisc as it already looked really good.

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

The look was satisfying enough to not need a facelift / redesign, indeed. It still is a pretty simple creature though. gargoyle is in the pipe, and this one is having a redesign... It'll take a little longer because of this and a little animation contract work on the side...

19. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'm loving the new Wyvern. I've put him in one of the levels of my upcoming game and it looks amazing.

War Wyvern by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

Do you plan to update your Hydra? I can imagine a hydra with the same kind of head as the new wyvern. Would look amazing.

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

The Hydra of Lerna will be upgraded of course, and will receive a facelift redesign. Not sure yet how it'll turn out looking though. not sure if we'll be re using that kind of head for the hydra, reall want to have totally different looks between Wyvern , Mountain Dragon, Hydra, Dragonide and lizard warrior ( this last one will look totally different though, already have something in mind)
    EDIT: Looks great btw! Did you use some polygon reducer tool to get it to run smooth? you're developing for mobile right?
    EDIT2: if you have a video of the wyvern triggering its leathal "bite grab throw" attack with a ragdoll it would be amazing!!

21. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I haven't optomized it yet for mobile but I will. Your moseds are always super easy to optimize.

Any chance you could do the hydra soon? I'm trying to release this game 2 months from now and I'm using the old version of the hydra in one of the levels.

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, not sure when the hydra will be done. Something need to be done with the Mountain dragon first I think. Maybe Mountain Dragon and Hydra will be done next.

23. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Awesome... Appreciate it!

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

No problem
    -------------------------
    Update: Gargoyle is modeled (low poly 17.8 Ktris), rigged, skinned (need to be polished), and textured (Legacy version), the PBR version will be done tomorrow. Still need to create the stone props variation. here is a quick render:

Hope you guys will like it. As you can see it's almost been redone from scratch. Brrand new retopo, UVs, and textures from a redesign high poly version.

25. hopeful

hopeful

Does this version of gargoyle have a statue form and a living form, like the old one?

This version is definitely more scary-looking than the other. Nice work on that!

The older one looks like it was modeled off of an actual medieval gargoyle, which is also cool.

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep it'll have the statue prop variation. Need to Polish skinning in order to pose it the right way so that it's possible to texture without terrible stretching. Glad you found it scary.

hopeful likes this.
  27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Here is the PBR version of the gargoyle.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  28. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... He totally works as a demon too.

29. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hey ... started using your dragon boss character. Excellent model.

Black Dragon with Shadow by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

However, I noticed that some of the animations are a bit limited. There are no claw / arm melee attacks and during flight, there are no melee attacks at all and only one "get hit" animation. Any chance you could add some more animations to him in the future? If not, I totally understand and can use him as is.

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Some other customers have been asking for claws attack animations. this is definitely something we'll be adding in the future. however, there is no time frame for that... sorry
    I can see the old demon in there...
    are you sure there is only one get hit animation?
    EDIT: just double checked, you have 3 get hit animation when grounded: getHitFront, getHitLeft, and getHitRight

31. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... that would be great. There are 3 get hit animations while grounded but only one while flying.

Yeah, I'm using the old demon for now. I need to update to the new version but just been too busy.

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Gargoyle is now finished. Still need to export the animations,set up the new key images and upload everything ... Tomorrow Version 2.08 of volume 2 should be live with the upgraded basilisk and gargoyle. Price will be raised to $238.90 with these upgrades.
    Here is the sketchfab viewer to check out the animations:

Hope you guys will like it :)
    Cheers

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Basilisk V2.0 and Gargoyle V2.01 are now live on the asset store. Creatures full pack volume 2 V2.08 is currently being processed by asset store server and should be live pretty soon. New price with the upgrades will be $238.90. You can still save $12 if you purchase it before this new version hit the store.
    Have a great week end. Cheers! :)

Rajmahal likes this.
  34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Download links (gargoyle and basilisk) have been sent to customers who purchased directly from former PROTOFACTOR STORE. Enjoy :)
    Volume 2 V2.08 is available on the asset store at the new price of $238.90.

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Winter is coming... wait no, maybe more Summer is coming! :) and so is Mountain Dragon! Totally redesign from scratch dragon, PBR materials. Currently in animation state.
    Here is a quick render, while I'll be uploading a WIP Sketchfab viewer of a still posed version:

montyfi, Rajmahal and TeagansDad like this.
  36. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

and here is the sketchfab viewer of the Still posed version:

Hope you guys will like it.

b4c5p4c3 likes this.
  37. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That's an amazing upgrade. I love it.

38. hopeful

hopeful

The model looks good, but something about it seems flat or overly uniform to me. I'm not quite sure what it is, but maybe it's the roughness map. If so, maybe there could be more smoothing toward the tips of the scales, and slightly more roughness toward the base of the scales.

I'm not an owner of this model, so if my comment helps, fine, and if not, just ignore it. ;)

The eye is nicely done. :)

39. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it Raj, this one looks a little bit like the wyvern for the head, this won't be the case for the hydra of Lerna.
    Thanks for the critics, however this is basically what we did...:( maybe we'll try to accentuate this a little bit more.

Important info: mountain dragon will only be available as a one single pack (of course included on volume 1), no more starter pack, full pack or animation add-ons. This will be a curated version between the starter and the full pack. Starter pack and add-on packs habeas been deprecated, but it'll still be possible to upgrade ($9.90 from starter pack, $29.90 from an add-on). Also the pack will no longer include the useless little extras such as lair, gold pieces stack, chest etc...

Rajmahal likes this.
  40. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Agree with removing the little extras ... they are pretty useless.

Great job again on this one.

41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Definitely not needed, that's for sure...

Updated the sketchfab viewer with about 30 seconds of animations, and updated skinning. half way there. Check it out:

It will also have a bite / grab / throw animation just like the wyvern, just because it can be pretty awesome if used the right way in a project.Have a great week end.

42. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Very cool indeed. It just need a Daenerys :D

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Daenarys doesn't get it... she's riding a wyvern... can someone tell her already. She's embarrassing herself. Just kidding, that show is awesome. Can't wait for tomorrow.

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Finally, Mountain Dragon is now finished. Just need to export all the animations and create some new key images before uploading this single character and the upgraded Fantasy Lizards Pack. Creatures Volume 1 will be upgraded once the Hydra of Lerna would be done.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  45. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Incredible work. The animations look great on the new model.

What are you planning next? Hydra or something else?

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks, next is the hydra of Lerna.

47. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

48. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... Cant wait to see the hydra.

49. hopeful

hopeful

Been going through the PROTOFACTOR library ... and I was wondering if the Automate is likely to see an update, or is it already updated?

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

automate has been upgraded to v2.0, PBR materials, legacy support as well, higher resolution and fidelity textures (4K), root motion variations.

hopeful likes this.