Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Death Skull has now been ported to PBR. here is the new sketchfab viewer to check it out in real time:

a standard death animation has been added since developer might want to just use it a the "skinned pose height"
    Cheers! :)

montyfi likes this.
  2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

The death skull looks much better with yhe new textures. Downright scary.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Not sure if the textures are responsible for that more than the lighting chosen to showcase the model. But, indeed, I tried to get it scary. Glad I managed to do it.

4. montyfi

montyfi

Just letting you know if someone else will have the same problem. You have changed the name of your company and now I have two folders on my drive, one with INC prefix and another one without. New packs downloaded into new folder, but when I click import, the pack from old folder getting imported. Perhaps a Unity bug.

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

oh, indeed. since we incorporated, the name of the company had to be changed. Sorry about the inconvenience. will try to see if it's possible to get a hold of a unity representative to see if it's a bug or not. thanks for sharing your experience.
    what's weird is that it's the same account... looks like a bug.

montyfi likes this.
  6. montyfi

montyfi

No problem, just a clean up exercise :)

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Minotaur is on its way. here is a quick render of how it's going to be. Big upgrade with brand new retopo with higher polycount and details, 4 K textures for the body. redesign of the skirt and shoulder pad. Brand new design for the warhammer. Hope you guys will like it. still need some little tweaking for the glossiness of the hair, but we're pretty close.

montyfi and hopeful like this.
  8. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thats a huge improvement!

9. montyfi

montyfi

Is it possible for you to add getting Up animations from prone and supine positions? Or at least one? I'm using puppet master on your models and those animations would really help to make it look alive.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

What are you trying to achieve exactly? Some sort of get git heavy to falling on the ground and then getting up? Or just trying to make the character sleep and get up once player has been noticed?

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks, big facelift for sure on that one.

12. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Will the minotaur be humanoid compatible for Mechanim? I put a Humanoid avatar on the old Minotaur and it worked nicely except that the mouth was always open and looked a bit odd.

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

it can work in humanoid mode. However, with some limitations: it has a horse link bone in the leg, which will basically be used as the foot. It can provide ok result but far from being perfect. You can now assign a bone for the mouth in humanoid: in this case, since we use the 3ds max biped but in its french version this bone is going to be "MINOTAUR_ Queue de cheval 1" basically we use the ponytail bone as the mouth bone. Not sure if you already figured that out or if it's even working properly, maybe you can use the muscle definition setting to re orientate the mouth bone.

14. montyfi

montyfi

Exactly, falling on ground is easy with puppet (ragdoll), but getting up graciously is impossible without good animation.

hopeful likes this.
  15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

well, your wish has been half granted...
    Update: Minotaur is now finished and the upgraded version should be part of the Volume 2 tomorrow along with the upgraded death skull.
    Decision was taken not to add some fare fist animation variations.
    Here is the skechfab viewer:

Hope you guys will like it.

montyfi likes this.
  16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Excellent. Really huge improvement.

17. montyfi

montyfi

Thank you! And new model is pure amazing, those biceps!

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks!
    Looks like he hit the gym a little bit to much. Glad you like it.

Volume 2 is currently being uploaded and should be processed pretty quickly once upload is done. If some of you guys are interested in this pack and want to save some money I would recommend to get it now because once V2.06 would be live price would have jumped to $226.90. grab it right now for $215.90 and save $11.

Cheers!

montyfi likes this.
  19. ivendar

ivendar

Woah. Amazing work again rosor. Very cool. :)

20. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Any plans on the next character update?

21. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

for sure 2 from volume 1, was hesitating between, Mountain dragon , wyvern, demon and fat ogre. so if yo uwant to help me decide, you're welcome to do so.

22. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'd love either ogre or demon lord.

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

it'll be the demon, one of the oldest model ever created... This one needs an archeologist, just like the skeleton knight and some others. Might remove some animations that I don't think are necessary, re create some others.

Download links have been sent to customers who purchase from or non existing any more PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    V2.06 is taking an unusual time to be processed, the queue might be long. Sorry about that delay, will let you guys know when it's live on the Asset Store.

24. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Yeah, I agree ... the demon is definitely showing its age. Still looks pretty decent but it has definitely been over-shadowed by your new stuff.

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

V2.0 will blend nicely with the most recent stuff. Don't worry! the old version look almost too skinny and weak, the newest will be beefier and will give a more powerful feel.

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

little sneak peak of what Demon Lord v2.0 will look like. This is the high poly version that will be used for the retopo and map baking.

As you can see nothing to do with this old dusty version of 1.0... Not sure if this one will have 2 skins though. Might be a blend of both versions from 1.0

TeagansDad likes this.
  27. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That looks amazing. Will he still use a whip?

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yes, the whip will be it's weapon. Need to figure out if it will be attached the same way.

29. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... I may add an axe in the other hand. There's something very demonic about using a whip in one hand and an axe or sword in the other. In my current version, I use the character without weapons so I can't advise on best way to attach the whip.

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I was looking at some representation of the Balrog yesterday, indeed it was holding a lava / fire whip and a flame sword. I totally remembered that description from some RPG board game i was plaYing 25 years ago.... was thinking about adding a sword in its left hand. still doesn't tell me if I should use the same attach whip technique or not though. I might just make them magically appear from out of his guts or something... could work.

31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

little update: texturing is almost done for the demon lord. Still a lot of little tweaks etc to add, and of course the creation of its weapons... Still these renders give a good overview of what it's going to look like.

Have a good week end. :)

PhoenixRising1 and TeagansDad like this.
  32. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great stuff. I love the fire in his eyes and mouth.

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it in its transitional state. Updated theses two renders with the final texturing. I thinks here it looks way better.

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

looks like there was a terrible problem on Unity Asset Store's end regarding the v2.06 of the Volume 2... Package wasn't handled properly and has been declined so that I can re upload a new version... We're currently re uploading the latest version (V2.061) and hopefully should be live a little bit later today.
    Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

little update: Demon lord is now fully rigged, skinned with all its weapons (whip and sword). here is a little beauty shot to show how it'll look like. Also the flames will be scrolling in real time to give more life and a more dramatic effect. tried to mess around with some particles for the sword, but it looks like it might give some weird result with some fast moves, some particles emitted would be off of the sword etc, it'll still be there but up to the developer to use it or not.

TeagansDad likes this.
  36. hopeful

hopeful

Looks a lot more dramatic and fierce! :)

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks! glad you like it!
    Update: Creatures pack volume 2 V2.061 is finally live, you can now have access to the upgraded Minotaur and Death Skull. Again, sorry about the delay on this... it was out of our grasp unfortunately...

montyfi likes this.
  38. hopeful

hopeful

@rosor - It looks like the Minotaur was one of the ones I bought from your store. So I clicked on the link in your sig to go to the store and ... I can't seem to find it.

I'm not in a huge rush and can easily wait if there's a problem, but if there's a new link for your store I could use it. :)

39. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Can you please send an email or PM with the email address you used to place the order and the date if possible. Need to edit the signature, PROTOFACTOR STORE doesn't exist anymore.
    Edit: But of course we're still offering support to our current customer base.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  40. hopeful

hopeful

Is this a temporary situation? If you think you might have a store up again in a month, I could wait till then.

41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Unfortunately, no. The PROTOFACTOR STORE is closed permanently in order to drive more traffic to Unity Asset Store and some other marketplaces.

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

update: Demon lord is now fully animated. Had to raised the sample rate to make sure there were no jitters in the whip animations. Looks like sketchfab is applying some sort of key reduction, re sampling of the fps or compressing some keys, because of that you may notice some jitters here and there on the whip, they don't exist in the raw fbx nor in unity if you uncheck the animation compression and key reduction. Sorry about this little "ugly" detail... here is the sketchfab viewer to check the Demon Lord out in real time:

TeagansDad and hopeful like this.
  43. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

look awesome

44. hopeful

hopeful

Nice! The Demon Lord looks like he could fit alongside the Bosses in the other pack. :)

45. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

I really love the design and color choices. Top quality stuff!

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks! glad you dig it.
    yes, it definitely had a huge power up during the upgrade process, a little bit of a Balrog feel now.
    Glad to hear that, this one really needed a lot of love, so this huge overhaul with brand new redesign of everything was necessary, pretty pleased by the result now.

Demon Lord package V2.0 is now live. Demonic creatures pack V2.03 with addition of upgraded Golem and Demon Lord should be live in an hour or so, price will also jump to $79.90.
    Volume 1 will be upgraded a little later with another upgrade (most likely wyvern)

47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... this is an amazing upgrade. The lava skin highlights are incredible.

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks, hope it'll find a place on your projects.

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Maybe you guys were wondering how the upgraded wyvern is going to turn out looking. Well, the wait is almost over. Here is a quick render of the Low poly 22 K tris version of the wyvern with 4 K AO map and Normals. It'll soon be colored.

Rajmahal and TeagansDad like this.
  50. hopeful

hopeful

It's hard to tell if the wings are as long as the original's, but the detailing looks great. :)