Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Insane ... absolutely mind blowing. It looks like a totally different character based on these changes. You've outdone yourself on this one.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I'll have to outdo myself 48 more times.... lol... hope I won't go crazy before that. Glad you like it though.

hopeful likes this.
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Downloads links have been sent to customers who purchased Vol 1 and 2 from PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Vol 1: evil watcher, goblin and orc.
    Vol 2: automate and undertaker.

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

the Vol 1 & 2 are currently being uploaded to unity asset store's servers. So if you want to get them before the price is raised again (Vol 1: $209.90 with 3 new upgrades // Vol 2: $204.90 with 2 new upgraded characters), now is the right moment.

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Asset Store: Vol 1& 2 upgraded. Individual pack for evil watcher, goblin, orc, automate and undertaker have been upgraded as well.
    Cheers

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: troll is now complete and you guys can check it out in its new Sketchfab Viewer:

Hope you guys will like it.
    Cheers! :)

7. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Stellar .... this guy could be used as a boss version of the other troll.

8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

there won't be any other troll. This one is taking over and that's it... sorry. unless you kept the older version somewhere, this one will overwrite what you had in the pack before.

9. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thanks ... I'll be sure to save the other one then as a separate asset or something.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

it's going to be the same for almost all the upgraded assets. As I said before it's pretty much a V2, almost another version. So if there are some that you'd like to keep as a variation you need to back them up somewhere.

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there. We just noticed a few issues with the orc. Nothing major but these needed to be fixed. Looks like the fbx export from 3ds max cause some weird glitches in the Uv coordinates sometimes... pretty annoying. These Uvs have been fixed also if you notice that the normal map for the orc's body is showing some weird lighting seams, it's because the green channel has been inverted by mistake. really sorry about this issue. A new build will be sent tomorrow to the asset store and some new download links to the updated asset for those who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Again, sorry about this issue and thanks in advance for your patience.

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

New download links sent to get your hands on the fixed version of the orc.
    Currently uploading V2.04 of the Heroic Fantasy Creatures Volume 1 with the orc fixes and the upgraded Troll since this one was ready... Price will be raised to $215.90 with this new upgrade addition.
    So if you want to save some few dollars, now is the right time. The V2.04 should be live in maybe 3 or 4 hours.

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Heroic fantasy creatures vol1, V2.04 is live with troll upgraded and orc fixed. Price raise to $215.90 with the upgraded troll addition
    Heroic Fantasy Creatures vol2, V2.021 is live with a fix for the undertaker, looks like the left wing had some flipped polygons and therefore not showing properly. It's now fixed.

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Must have fantasy Villains Pack updated to V2.03 with the 3 upgraded characters (Orc, Goblin and Troll) Price raised as well.
    Demonic Creatures Pack updated to v2.01 with upgraded Evil watcher.
    Currently working on the Hellrot. It's been retextured with higher resolution and fidelity Maps. Now it's PBR ready. Still need to update the animations. It will also have an updated Legacy texturing.
    here is what it looks like with the PBR materials:

Cheers and have a great week end! :)

TeagansDad and montyfi like this.
  15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hellrot now has PBR materials and root motion animations. Here is the Sketchfab viewer to check it out.

16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Excellent stuff. The creature's skin looks a lot better with the new textures.

17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

This is the PBR rendering. The legacy textures won't be like that unfortunately

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Crasc has been upgraded to PBR with root motion animations. Geometry has been retoped a bit in order to reflect more what the original high rez sculpt was.

Sketchfab viewer:

Will be updated the Heroic Fantasy Creatures Vol 2 tomorrow with the Hellrot and the crasc. Price will be raised to $215.90 with these 2 upgraded characters.

montyfi and PhoenixRising1 like this.
  19. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks great. Love the shiny skin effect.

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you dig it Raj.
    V2.04 of volume 2 with Hellrot and Crasc upgraded characters is currently being processed... only a few minutes left before price goes up ($215.90).
    Download links should be sent tomorrow to customers who purchased directly from PROTOFACTOR STORE.

21. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

V2.04 of heroic fantasy creatures volume 2 is live.

22. Nadan

Nadan

Hi! I recently bought your Heroic Fantasy Bosses Vol 1. Really cool models.

I have one question tought, can I use Mixamo animations with these?

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks for your support. I never used mixamo so I have no idea if you can use their animations. Maybe you would have to use their autorigger first in order to apply their animations to the model. It's just a guess though....

24. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Mixamo animations work on the humanoid rig so those characters that can use humanoid can use the Mixamo aimations. I've used the Mixamo axe warrior, wizard and swordsman animations on a few of the Protofactor characters. However, it's only the human-shaped characters that will be able to use it. In my case, I did it for the Orc and Half Orc.

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@Rajmahal : thanks for sharing your experience. :)

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: upgraded Golem is on its way. this one has been totally redone from scratch to bring it to the next level. a totally new design with higher quality materials. Here is a render of the rock version:

There will be for sure an ice variation, however since the model uses 4096 textures and the pack has to offer support for Legacy, adding too many skins could quickly make the Pack way too heavy. So it might be possible that there will be a free texture package for an additional skin (Lava).
    Also, some environmental rocks will be added as well as tile able textures so developer can blend nicely the Golem into their environment.
    One last thing: just like the older version this golem will have a split into pieces animated version (animation already done): to construct the and destroy the golem. Since @Rajmahal mentioned a long time ago that it would be nice to be able to just have a normal death animation, this will be created and part of the animation set.
    Have a great week end! cheers! :)

montyfi, TeagansDad and hopeful like this.
  27. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Wow ... This is seriously amazing. Incredible work.

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: golem is now pretty much done. Just need to export everything and set up the materials and prefabs within unity. here is the sketchfab viewer for the skinned animated version. Will be posting the split animated one very soon. and maybe a quick render of what the ice version looks like.

PS: @Rajmahal : Glad you liked the render, hope you'll like the sketchfab viewer even more.

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

And here is the split animated version:

Developer will have the option to make is construct and explode on death or just have it like that and have a standard death animation.
    I won't be showcasing the 4 rocks that comes with it or the ground textured, but this will be part of the product description on the asset store.

montyfi likes this.
  30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: upgraded version of the mummy is in the pipe. Low poly version is now done, unwrapped, textured ( PBR / Legacy) rigged and skinned. Still need to update the animations and add the root motion variations.
    Here is a render of how it looks like:

I might create an animated sarcophagus, but here nothing is certain. Hope you guys will like it.
    Cheers! and have a great week end.

31. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great. I love the hanging bandages on his arms.

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Great. They definitely add to it.

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

MUMMY is finished. Will be uploaded with the GOLEM tomorrow morning.

Here is the sketchfab viewer to check it out in action.

Basically it's a totally new geometry with higher polycount, PBR and legacy support as usual, remastered animations with their forward and root motion variations. Model ships with a cool sarcophagus and a special animation to have the mummy appear.

Hope you guys will like it :)

montyfi and TeagansDad like this.
  34. hopeful

hopeful

Huh. This is weird. My cat usually completely ignores anything I'm doing on the computer, but she was completely transfixed by the mummy animations above, and a bit freaked out.

I think she liked the bandage whipping attacks, kind of like how cats like chasing yarn. But overall she seemed to recognize the figure as a threat, and jumped off my lap in fright.

Maybe if this is used in a game, cat owners should get a warning up front. ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad this mummy managed to freak out your cat. I mean not too glad though... Sometimes when cats do that you still have a good print of their claws deep in your thighs....
    Currently preparing the unity asset in order to submit. Price will go up today from $215.90 to $226.90 for Vol 1.

36. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great work, Rosor. I really like the new death grin on him with the exposed jaw / teeth. I do miss the glowing eyes. Can I use the emission texture from the old mummy on this new one?

37. hopeful

hopeful

Well, I guess it was just that once. I played it for her (the cat) again just now, and while she watched it, it didn't bother her. Then she got bored. ;)

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it. For the glowing eyes, you won't be able to re use the old emissive texture since it's a whole new geometry with new UVs. I'm trying to not get the pack over weight, adding this texture would mean I would have to create a whole new glowing eyes texture for the legacy version, in PBR you can just have the emissive texture separate where in legacy you need to have the same emission baked in the diffuse... Maybe I'll prepare this texture and make it available on demand, or update the pack later on if it's not too heavy.
    haha, well it already saw it once and was over it then, I guess ...

39. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

cool ... no big deal about the glowing eyes.

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

**Living dead pack updated to V2.011 with mummy upgrade. Price raise to $69.90.
    **Mummy upgraded to V2.0 is now available at $24.90.
    **Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full pack Volume 1 is currently being processed by Unity Asset Store' servers. V2.06 Should be ready in a couple hours or less. You still have some time to get the pack at $215.90 before price jumps to $226.90 with those 2 upgraded characters ( Golem and mummy)
    ** Download links have been sent to customers who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Also, Protofactor recently incorporated to PROTOFACTOR,INC. and we'll no longer offer our models on PROTOFACTOR STORE starting May 1st. Of course we'll still offer support to our existing customers.

montyfi likes this.
  41. montyfi

montyfi

Hellrot was not updated yet?
    HEROIC FANTASY CREATURES FULL PACK Vol 2. still has no root motion.

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Are you sure? I just went on the asset store site and the available V2.04 from April 16th have crasc and hellrot with PBR materials and root motion animations.(creatureName@animationName with extension _RM)
    make sure to double check or refresh your browser.

montyfi likes this.
  43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

V2.06 of Vol 1 is now live. Price is now $226.90. you can now download the upgraded Golem and Mummy.

Update: upgraded version of Death Skull is on its way:

montyfi likes this.
  44. l0cke

l0cke

I ve bought both packs via protofactor store, but I am not receiving any emails regarding uprade. Does it mean, it is still not available via your store?

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hello @l0cke , that's pretty odd. Can you send me a PM with the email address you've used to place your order and the date of purchase (if possible) We'll sort this out for you. Really sorry about the inconvenience.

46. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I like the death skull. Did you guys give it bigger fangs?

47. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Not at all it's still the exact same geometry for that one, just with a new texturing.
    Also This one won't have any root motion animations. Since developer might want to give it a specific speed etc... at run time. Unless a lot of you guys want this of course.

montyfi likes this.
  48. montyfi

montyfi

That is strange, I have just updated pack yesterday and there were no _RM files in hellrot. Not sure which version was that. I will try to remove the old pack manually and download it again. Thank you!

49. montyfi

montyfi

Why someone would need root motion for flying creatures anyway?

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

ok, let me know if you manage to get he the upgraded version of the Hellrot.
    Well, you never know the needs of any developer in their project. so it's just in case. But I agree that flying animations should be handled without root motion, to my opinion.

montyfi likes this.