Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Please re read our latest message. This animation will be updated once we'll be done with the 3 last add-ons of another pack. Also, we'll be smoothing out the animation to get rid of the slight jutters but the sine movement will be the same. Is it the thing you're complaining about? Or is it the sine movement that you don't want? Because, again the sine movement will be kept. Thanks

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

No, the sine movement is fine. But it is fixed along the axis. It could be benefitial if you just move other parts as well, currently it looks like this:

Like there was a sine wave in the animator and the animation was only to move it along that wave. And then recorded in a resolution that made it go forwards and backwards. Also when you watch the hands go down, they bump up and down. Maybe slight left/right movement along another axis during that loop could help as well to make it look more natural. Thank you!

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks for the update! I like the new fly forward animation:

Although you might want to check the asset again. When I imported it, the animation was cut off, I had to increase the length. And the default speed was way too fast. Also, it seems the beard doesn't get light. Anyway, thanks for listening and support!

One general note: There is a code and naming convention. You shouldn't use all uppercase characters or underscores as suffix and what not. Makes every project structure look like chaos once such an asset gets imported :)

4. Rowlan

Rowlan

I got Crest Ocean System for HDRP today. Was a good time to check out the Kraken, I converted the materials to HDRP. It's awesome, I'm pleased :D

crest 01.jpg
    crest 02.jpg
    crest 03.jpg
    crest 04.jpg
    crest 05.jpg

JasonJ1968 and hopeful like this.
  5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

You might want to create some SSS textures on the tentacles if you're using HDRP.
    For the moment we're waiting for all the SRP madness to be fully and entirely stable before we decide to make any move towards a specific pipeline. With more than 180 packages it 's a big commitment.
    Using some storm settings and a more greenish darker ocean color would emphasize this scene a lot. This ocean package look pretty amazing! Glad to hear you like this model

hopeful and Rowlan like this.
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

@rosor I created a new video with the black dragon. in case you ever do an update on it, please check the fly forward animation. it stutters in a loop. i figured it's because it only goes up unitl 20 frames, i changed it to 60 and then it was a smooth loop.

hopeful and PROTOFACTOR_Inc like this.
  7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Weird, pretty sure the animations were set properly. Will update this whenever we get a chance. Thanks for pointing it out...
    Edit: the volume 2 was updated but not the individual asset I guess... duh...

8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@Rowlan

we double checked and didn't see anything wrong with the way Black Dragon was set up. The only thing that made me think of something that can be wrong is the fact that in your video the dragon is flying with the animation slowed down a lot. The normal animation indeed last 20 frames. The animation cycle is pretty fast. Can you double check please.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  9. Rowlan

Rowlan

Oh yes, that was in fact the case, it was way too fast, so I added a speed multiplier like this. I guess because it's so fast by default you don't notice it.

sm.png

sm2.png

Here's a fresh imported version of the asset, slowed down in the unity inspector during playback, i. e. without the speed multiplier in the controller:

ani.gif

When I set End from 20 to 60 it's fine.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@Rowlan After examining the model more in depth we can confirm that the first and last frame of the model don't loop properly. This is an easy fix but we're currently in the process of updating all models in the Heroic Fantasy Collection. Starting with models from Vol 1.

It's now been 2 months we've been hard at work on those updates

Those updates are mostly about:
    • setting all the materials to use the Standard Metallic shader. We'll no longer use the Standard Specular Set Up. This way it's easier for users to switch back and forth from Unity To UE4. This means we have to tweak and re pack some textures.
    • Try to rename all textures and fbx files to follow our naming convention and make all models streamlined in our library
    • Root motion animation improvement: quite a large part of our models (about 40) were set up with the root bone not set to (0,0,0) position. We're adding a new root bone to those models in order to have a better and smoother root motion movement approach. Some of our models had a little stutter sometimes, this will totally solve this issue This would also allow users to switch to UE4 and use the root motion animations (limitation of UE4)
    We have almost set all the animations to have the new root bone. I said almost because it looks like you pointed out the very one that we missed!! hahaha!
    We currently in the process of exporting the FBXs and renaming the textures for Vol1. We're almost done (at Letter S right now).
    We'll be working next on Vol 2 and 3 so expect Black Dragon to be updated within the next 2 Weeks, most likely.

Thanks for your patience, this process is tedious and really far from being an exciting artistic task. With such a large library any move such as these can take quite some time.

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there! Just to inform you guys that Volume 1 and all its 30 included character has now been fully updated:
    • All characters now use the Metallic Workflow
    • All characters have their root set at (0,0,0) // 13 characters needed that change
    • root motion for those 13 characters have been updated which results in smoother root motion movement.
    • All files have been renamed to follow our naming convention
    • minimum unity version requirement is now v2018.x
    We have started working on updating volume 2 where12 characters need root motion update.

So, far 2 have been updated: Automate (naming convention + metallic workflow) and Black Dragon (all changes were needed).

We will update Volume 2 once all 30 characters are updated (approximately 15 business days for that), in the mean time we push our updates to the individual models included in vol 2. Thanks for your patience!

cheers! :)

Rowlan and hopeful like this.
  12. Rowlan

Rowlan

Now that there's the Protofactor publisher sale, I thought I'd bump this thread. My video with your Black Dragon asset crossed the 7 Million views :D It would be really nice if you could add yet another Asian Dragon to your assets :)

7mv.png

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Gosh, I hope you monetized that one. Lol.

I'm not sure if there is another Asian dragon in the Chinese bestiary. On top of it we're not sure any new character would be added to the packs. However we have stuff in mind (nothing that we can share at that point though)

Rowlan likes this.
  14. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks @rosor . Without Enviro, Meadow Environment, Vegetation Studio Pro and the Black Dragon this wouldn't have been possible :)

15M.jpg

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  15. vertexx

vertexx

Actually it's now 15,542,969 views.