Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. hopeful

hopeful

Any concept art to share on the cyclops? No rush, just curious based on your description above ("humanoid rig," but "way less human body proportion").

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Lizard Warrior V2.01 is on its way with a tiny fix... The blend shapes were not exported along with the model... It's now fixed; V2.01 should be live in an hour or so.
    Final version of Fantasy Lizards Pack is on its way and should be live this afternoon with the upgraded Lizard Warrior

3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Mmm, Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. I was more referring to the fact that the current version is more like a human looking character with one eye and that the one to come will be on a mecanim humanoid rig but with "monster proportions" (eg: dragons dogma etc...) Going the monster way would make it more impressive, to my opinion.

Rajmahal likes this.
  4. hopeful

hopeful

Not as good as a picture, but I'll wait. ;)

For my purposes, I'm okay with a cyclops that looks like a regular human ... just there's that awkward bit of trying to put the eye above the nose, yet keeping human facial proportions. It's ... impossible. You have to either shrink the nose or put the eye on the forehead or lengthen the head. But I'm curious to see what you come up with, as it sounds like something more appropriately titanic.

5. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Have the emails gone out yet for the lizard man? I'mean eager to get my hands on this one. :)

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi @Rajmahal , they've not been sent yet. They'll be sent along with the cyclops once it'll be finished (hi rez version almost complete). Most likely you'll get your hands on it early next year. Sorry for the wait... holiday time... thanks again for your patience.

Rajmahal likes this.
  7. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... no problem at all. I actually just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed the email or that it had gone to spam or something.

8. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I am a little bit confused. I purchased the Vampire Model yesterday:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12790

After importing I cant find any Prefab Folder only the FBX files and Textures folder. In the Assetstore Homepage I also don't see the Prefab folder in the folder preview.
    Is this intended? Did I miss somethin? Ghoul and Vampire Bat Models which I posses come always with a Prefab folder.

Cheers
    Ronny

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue. We'll be investigating in order to fix the problem. Stay tuned.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Ok, Ronny, indeed the foldes weren't included for some reason... Sorry about the inconvenience and thanks a lot for being patient. We just uploaded a new version (V2.011) it should be live pretty soon. Don't hesitate to report back has this new version is the exact same weight as the other... prefab is pretty small in size but who knows what is happening. And Happy new year btw! :)

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

the first upgraded creature for 2017: Cyclops will be live around Tuesday of Wednesday. You can check out the posed still version in real time in an early Sketchfab viewer:

The eye will be retouched something is off with it, no worries... Also this creature will come with a few blend shapes for a little bit of customization. Nothing crazy, or anything that would change the overall design. Just some tiny tweaks.

TeagansDad likes this.
  12. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Thanks for the fast support and answer. I just received a notification that you updated the Vampire Bat. Indeed the Vampire Bat was ok for me. The Vampire is the Buggy model missing the Prefab Folder:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12790

Perhaps I am too fast and you also fixed it and the Assetstore is taking a little bit longer again.

Cheers
    Ronny

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Oh my god
    So sorry. Big misunderstanding... we will fix the vampire then... how embarrassing... please bear with us.

14. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Excellent animations on the new cyclops.

15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

thanks! Character should be ready tomorrow. Almost done with the animation set. A lot of smashing kind of like the Golem. :)

16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool .. van you please include at least two get hit animations?

17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

A few get hit have been added... Your wish has been granted :) Animations set is now complete. Character will be available tomorrow.

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Download links have been sent (Lizard Warrior and Cyclops) to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Giant Cyclops V2.0 is now live on the Asset Store!
    Must Have Fantasy Villains Pack V2.06 is now live on the Asset Store (with Cyclops upgrade)
    Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Vol 1 V2.2 is now live on the Asset Store (with Lizard Warrior and Cyclops upgrades) (price raise : $309.90) 23 creatures out of 30 are now upgraded!
    Next in the pipe are 2 creatures from Vol 2: Lacodon and Giant Beetle.
    Cheers! :)

19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sorry for the submarine mode. Stuff has happened meanwhile... :)
    Giant Beetle has been live for 10 days:

Lacodon is on its way as well.

The animations need to be re tweaked and some new dded.
    Hope you guys will like it. Once Lacodon would be done the update will be pushed to the Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Vol 2

hopeful likes this.
  20. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

They both look fantastic.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc and hopeful like this.
  21. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks Raj! :) Lacodon model should be live around Thursday.

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Lacodon is almost ready for the shelf! :) Just need to re create the death animation and export everything.
    here is the updated web player:

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Lacodon is now finished. Sketchfab player updated. The new v2.0 version has been submitted and should be Iive pretty soon today. Creatures Full Pack volume 2 v2.2 has been submitted as well and should be live later today. Price has been risen to $309.90. Purchase it right now if you want to save $12.
    Next will be 2 creatures from volume 1. Most likely giant viper and wolf.
    Cheers

hopeful likes this.
  24. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Very cool .... I could really use the viper and Wolf for my next project.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc and hopeful like this.
  25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Download links for Lacodon and Giant Beetle have been sent to customers who purchased Creatures volume 2 from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Lacodon V2.0 is now live on the Asset Store.

Rajmahal likes this.
  26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Vol 2 v2.2 is now live on the asset store. You can now download the latest version with the upgraded lacodon and Giant beetle.

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Giant Viper will be live later today. Here is the Sketchfab viewer to check it out in real time:

Model has 5 color variations which are not shown in the viewer.
    Next to come will be the wolf. Not sure if the wolf will be realistically accurate or not to make it stand out from the one included in the animals full pack...

hopeful likes this.
  28. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Viper looks great. Excellent animations.

I'd go with a less realistic version but the choice is yours.

29. hopeful

hopeful

There are or will be two different wolves?

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

that's what I'm wondering right now. For the creatures pack make a "fantasy" wolf that looks aggressive with slightly different proportions and later on a realistic normal wolf for the animals pack. The creature will start next Monday, still have some time left to gather some customers input and decide.

31. hopeful

hopeful

Okay. I own the Animals pack and I want a realistic normal wolf, so that sounds great to me. :)

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Fantasy Wolf is now complete and will be live tomorrow. It's a version destined for action. It's designed with an angry / aggressive expression to make it more enemy-ish. Here is the Sketchfab viewer to check it out in real time:

Tomorrow a new update to fantasy animals pack and the Creatures full Pack volume one will be submitted and hopefully live (version with giant viper and fantasy wolf) This version will also have its price risen to $321.90 instead of $309.90. If you need this pack then consider getting it now to save a few dollars.
    Fantasy wolf won't be part of the animals full pack. Once the animals full pack will have its upgrade process started a new version of the wolf would be created (not angry)

Next are going to be 2 characters from volume 2.

cheers :)

Rajmahal likes this.
  33. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Epic ... any huntime on which two characters will be next?

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It's either going to be Centaur and Phoenix or Dwelf and Gnome.

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Fantasy Wolf is now live on the asset Store. Fantasy Animals Pack V2.03 is also live with 3 upgraded models out of 4 (giant rat remaining). Creatures Full PAck Vol 1 is currently being processed and should be live (v2.22) later this afternoon or tonight.

36. Manimor

Manimor

Hello, I just thought I'd post some appreciation of your work, its pretty neat.
    Might I infer that you had some inspiration or gotten ideas of monsters from Tibia? ;)

Have a good one and continue with the great work you're doing.

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Have no clue about what or who Tibia can be besides shin bone in french... Our inspiration come from a table top RPG called "Dragon Warriors" published in 1985. Thanks for the kind words. :)

38. Enoch

Enoch

Looking awesome as always.
    BTW I was looking at the Skeleton Knight PBR changes today (finally got around to it) and saw something wierd. When looking at the SkeletonKnight.fbx the model data (skeleton_knight) showed around 8K verts and 31K (!!!) tris. This seemed really odd to me. Even if you never shared a vert that would still be only 24K tris. Something seems really odd on this model's triangle count.

39. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Oh wow! Indeed that's definitely odd... We'll have to look into that for the next Volume 1 update then. On sketchfab the info are 6.9Kvert and 13.8 Ktris. Something is going on somewhere... Thanks for reporting this.

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

update: Dwelf (Hobbit but well J.R.R Tolkien's heirs wouldn't like us to use that word) is almost ready for the shelf. Just need to export the new set of animations. This little hero / enemy might be useful in your heroic fantasy project. Here is the new Sketchfab viewer for this model:

Next will be the gnome

41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Dwelf V2.0 is currently being processed by Unity Asset Store servers and will be live shortly.

Download links for Giant Viper and Fantasy Wolf have been sent to customers who purchased Fantasy Creatures Volume 1 from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Gnome is currently being upgraded. Currently tweaking the animations and adding the root motion variations. here is the Current state of the Sketchfab viewer:

Cheers! and have a great week end! :)

43. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Very nice. Face looks much better.

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Gnome is now complete. Model has 5 haircuts, beard, pork chops, mustaches and goaty for variations creations and also 7 blend shapes to customize the face.
    Download links for Dwelf and Gnome have been sent to customers who purchased the Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 2 from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Gnome V2.0 has been submitted to the Asset Store and should be live soon.
    Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 2 V2.22 has been submitted to the Asset Store and should be live soon. Price risen to $321.90.
    Next in the upgrade pipe will be 2 characters from Volume 1: giant rat and undead.
    cheers! :)

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

thanks! :)

46. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Oh very cool ... I could definitely use a refreshed version of the undead on my current project. :)

47. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It will arise soon enough! :)
    Update: Giant rat is on the way. totally redone from scratch version. Way creepier and better. A must have in any project! Once complete the price will be risen to $14.90 instead of $9.90. So go get it now while it's still at $9.90.
    Here is the Sketchfab viewer of the current state of giant rat. Model is finished and just need a new set of animations.

Animations should be finished tomorrow. Hope you guys will enjoy this brand new version.

48. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

oh wow ... that is really scary. Great upgrade!

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Giant Rt is now complete. This V2.0 version will hit the store tomorrow. It'll also be the final upgrade of the Heroic Fantasy Animals.
    Here is the finished version in the Sketchfab Viewer:

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc