Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there,
    Just to let you guys know that those 2 huge packs will be at 50 % Off until they receive new upgrades ( Unity 5 PBR support and root motion)
    Upon each update of an upgraded character the price will go up by $5.83 increment until it reaches again the final price of $350.
    Not sure how the upgraded characters will be submitted, can be annoying to have to download the whole package each time an upgrade is available so it might be once 2 or more characters are ready etc...

Some of the really old characters might need a heavy face lift some of the recent one can just be an easy port. But with 60 characters to upgrade it can be a really long journey.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Characters upgraded from volume 1:

Mountain dragon
    Wyvern
    Hydra of Lerna
    Skeleton knight
    Dragonide
    Werewolf
    Vampire
    Orc
    Goblin
    Troll
    Evil Watcher
    Fat Ogre
    Oak tree ents
    Demon lord
    Mummy
    Golem
    Darkness spider
    Giant Rat
    Giant Viper
    Fantasy Wolf
    Cyclops
    Lizard Warrior
    Harpy
    Chimera
    Manticora
    ghoul
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Characters upgraded from volume 2:

Darkness warlord
    Witch
    Death skull
    Crash
    Hippogriff
    Black dragon
    Giant scorpion
    Giant Crab
    Giant monster bat
    Kraken
    Cerberus
    Automate
    Undertaker
    Hellrot
    Minotaur
    Basilisk
    Gargoyle
    Dwelf
    Gnome
    Lacodon
    Giant Beetle
    Barghest
    Volcrate
    Gorgon
    Fungoid

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orc with PBR materials and root motion animations:

Goblin with PBR materials and root motion animations:

Undertaker with PBR materials and root motion animations:

Evil Watcher with PBR materials (no root motion for this one since developer might want to give him a specific speed in his project):

Automate with PBR materials and root motion animations:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Malbers and montyfi like this.
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Skeleton Knight with PBR materials and root Motion:

Dragonide with PBR materials and root Motion:

Darkness Warlord with PBR materials and root Motion:

Cerberus with PBR material and Root Motion:

Witch with PBR materials and Root Motion:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Troll with PBR materials and root Motion:

Darkness Spider with PBR materials and root Motion:

Hellrot with PBR materials and root Motion:

Crasc with PBR materials and root Motion:

MUMMY with PBR materials and root Motion:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Demon Lord with PBR materials and root motion animations:

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

**Reserved**

6. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Wow those warlord's textures look awesome.

I guess that those like me who bought via your store will receive the updates by e-mail right?

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yes, customers who have purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE will receive new download links when upgrade will go live.
    Edit: Updated second post with a sketchfab viewer of the upgraded Cerberus.

8. boysenberry

boysenberry

I just picked up pack 2 (well for me). Such awesome models, I can't wait to see the PBR updates. Great sale, thanks for the heads up!

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks for your support! Hope you'll like the upgrade when they'll be live. Please be patient, it can be really annoying to upload such a huge pack, and once all the PBR materials will be live the complete pack might be over 3Gb of data... Packs will be upgraded regularly, but even for a customer it can be annoying to download each time such a huge package Maybe I can look into creating some free upgrade paths from the full packs to their individuals included models. This way, you own the compete packs and all the included separate models, and just have to download the separate ugraded one. Not sure if a free upgrade is possible though.

montyfi likes this.
  10. boysenberry

boysenberry

:) You will hear no complaints about it from me, regardless of which way you need to go. I will be very patient, hehe.

Thanks again, superb work!

Boysenberry Payne

11. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Awesome improvements.

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks, the PBR materials clearly enhance the overall look of any asset.
    I was checking some of the older models, and it is clear that some will have a heavy face lift, new retopo and UVS with the use of PBR.

boysenberry likes this.
  13. boysenberry

boysenberry

As the Beatles put so well in their song The End, 'And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.'

Keep up the great work. I know your models will shine even more, worth every bit of effort (and hopefully for you generate lots of dough).

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Some of the assets need lots of love for sure. Hopefully the investment of time will pay... I'm not charging any extra for these upgrades even if some of the older ones could be a "CreatureName_V2" once they'd be done.

hopeful likes this.
  15. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

But you'll get new customers like myself :).

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hope to see you as a customer pretty soon then! :)
    -----------------
    Updated second post with a new sketchfab viewer for the Witch character. the models that currently have PBR support were pretty recent models, that's why it can be ported pretty quickly depending on the amount of materials per model.
    I might go over a couple characters from the volume 1 now and once I'll have about 3 of these PBR ready I'll submit the pack using unity 5.1.2
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    PhoenixRising1 likes this.
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I just found out the last creature for MONSTERS PACK VOL 1 was released :). Great work

What is the plans for next packs ? Besides the very cool PBR conversions that are greatly appreciated

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Have no idea what's planned next right now... will figure this out later. Porting 60 characters to PBR is a huge project on its own. But for sure next will be characters.

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks.

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there! Updated second post with a new sketcfab viewer for the Dragonide. This character has received a lot of love: new retopo and UVs, new texturing, new PBR materials, some new animations as well, with their root motion variations.
    If you can compare with the older version it's like day and night. It's been brought to a whole new level.
    Hope you guys will like it.
    2 other characters from the volume 1 will be upgraded and then the updates will be submitted. Since we're dealing with older assets, it can take longer to get them upgraded. ( some need a whole retopo etc...)
    Cheers! :)

PhoenixRising1 likes this.
  21. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Amazing work. One of the reasons I put off buying those old packs were due to the relatively low quality compared to your other work. Now I have no choice ;).

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

The volume 1 was completed something like 3 years ago. Was using some old school techniques etc..., model had less triangles etc... Retouching them will definitely bring them to the same quality level has the newer packs that were designed with PBR and root motion in mind. Within maybe 3 to 4 months all the 60 models will blend perfectly fine with the latest ones.
    Hope to see you as a customer soon then.

montyfi and PhoenixRising1 like this.
  23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

So I tried to look into the upgrade paths... It looks like it's not possible to create free upgrade paths... That's too bad it would have been so great and handy to let customers who owns the full pack have access to all the individual assets included in it.
    Sorry about that guys... :(

24. Jaimi

Jaimi

Excellent news! I have a bunch of your work - always top notch!

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, I'll try to make sure the old content you own still please you for a longer time with the PBR materials and the root motion. I know you purchased through our website the Full Pack Vol1, long ago when it was still early in development. you'll be receiving new download links soon (I hope :) )

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Updated second post with an new upgraded character. It was the very first character that hit the store more than 5 years ago: Skeleton Knight. Here again a big update: PBR Materials and a whole brand new set of animations. Now it can rise from the ground, this way developer can make it appear in a more immersive and dramatic way.

One more character from Full Pack Vol1 to go before submitting the updates. Pretty sure the updates will be live by the end of the week. In case you're interested in those packs and you want to save so money, grab the packs right now because the prices will be raised to $175 + $17.49 = $192.49 with upcoming update.

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Updated 3rd post with a new Sketchfab viewer for the upgraded Darkness Spider. It now has PBR materials and some root motion animations.
    Still have to create the LEGACY updates for the textures of all those 6 characters, and export the new animations. Once this is done it'll be possible to update the Packs.(and price raise as well)

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Lowered the Price of all the Creatures Full Pack Vol 1's sub packs:
    • Fantasy animals pack upgraded to V2.0 with the update of the upgraded Darkness Spider ( new PBR material, root motion animations, new death animation)
    • Fantasy Lizards pack upgraded to V2.0 with the update of the upgraded Dragonide (whole new geometry and face design, new texturing with PBR Materials, new attack forward animations and new root motion variations)
    • Living dead pack upgraded to V2.0 with update of the upgraded Skeleton Knight (new texturing with PBR materials, a whole brand new set of 62 animations with attack forward and root motion variations.
    Currently trying to update the Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Vol 1, But it's a huge submission (2Gb with only 3 characters upgraded to PBR...) so I hope to have it live this week end... Will keep you guys posted.
    Download links sent to customers who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE.

Will try to release the updates of the upgraded Vol2's characters next week.

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

After multiple attempts to upload the upgraded version of the Volume 1 with its 3 upgraded characters( darkness spider, Dragonide and skeleton knight) the V2.0 is being processed by the servers. It should be live a little bit later today. Price has been raised to $192.90. In case you want to save a few dollars, I'd recommend to purchase the pack right now while it's still at $175.
    The volume 2 will be upgraded soon as well.

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Vol 1 V2.0 is now live with 3 upgraded characters.

31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

updated first post with a new sketchfab viewer for the Evil Watcher. This character won't have the tail variation anymore for multiple reasons ( design and final size of the package).

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

updated first post with a new sketchfab viewer for the automate. It now has PBR material, new Legacy texturing and some new root motion variations. It'll be a free upgrade to the Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 2

montyfi likes this.
  33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 2 V2.0 is now live with 3 upgraded characters: Cerberus, Darkness Warlord and Witch. Price raised to $192.90.
    These 3 characters' individual packages are also live (V2.0)

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there! little update for the week end: been working on the old goblin from Volume 1. this one received a lot of love just like the dragonide. totally new geometry (retopo) with a redesign / facelift of the head. 4096*4096 textures for the body. Of course PBR materials (Body and Props) and new legacy textures. Still need to update the animation set with the root motion variations. Here is what the model looks like in its PBR glory:

Cheers and have a great week end.
    PS: big thanks for the big support on this pack. Really trying my best to get them ready as quickly as possible.

montyfi and TeagansDad like this.
  35. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Insane improvement :). Now it looks so amazing.

36. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like it. Yeah it's like night and day compared to the old version of it. Some others will have a huge face lift, on top of my head, for sure the fat ogre, the kobold, wyvern, orc, cyclop, minotaur and a few others. Will bring all of these to the next level. Lot of work ahead...

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey There! Updated first post with a new sketchfab viewer for the Goblin. Hope you guys will like it.

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Another update for today, undertaker was a pretty straight forward port to PBR. It's now unity 5 ready and with some new root motion animations. Updated the first post with a new sketchfab viewer for this one. Hope you'll like it.

39. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

Are you waiting until finished to send out updated download links to those who bought direct from you? I got downloads for the 3 initial updates from Volume 1 but not received anything since. Not in a rush and fine if you do decide to wait just don't want to get forgotten :)

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sorry, got caught up in upgrading new content and forgot to upload the upgraded version on PROTOFACTOR STORE.

41. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

will you also upgrade forest/farm animals pack?

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Not sure when that will happen, it's in the back of my head though. For sure it will have one update during the few monts to come because the standard wolf included in Heroic fantasy creatures vol1 is also included in animals full pack and forest animals pack.

Tiny-Tree likes this.
  43. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

wow ... these updates are amazing.

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks Raj, glad you like the upgrades.:)
    Update: been working prett hard on the Orc. This one has also received a huge amount of love, brand new high rez version with redesign of the head and muscles , with new retopo. Of course PBR materials. Currently working on the animations. Here is what it look like:

TeagansDad likes this.
  45. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Insane ... That's an incredible improvement.

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

totally agree, looks sooo much better now.
    Update: Here is the new sketchfab viewer for the upgraded orc:

Cheers and have a great week end. :)

47. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Man I love your attacks with root motion. Very well done.

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks, I think almost all the creatures from volume 1 didn't have any forward attacks.... it's a lot of work but the result is rewarding.
    Currently working on a totally reworked version of the troll, this one will reach level 2 just like the goblin and the orc... hope you guys will like it, next update with a beauty render next week.

TeagansDad and PhoenixRising1 like this.
  49. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That's great. For the troll, can you please add one moreget hit animation? It currently only has one, which csn get very repetitive.

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey Raj, yeah. Will try to take care of this, sure.
    Update: Troll V2 is one its way. Low poly version is now modeled, unwrapped, textured, rigged and skinned. Here is a little render to let you guys see how this one is going to be. Big redesign, with facelift and higher fidelity materials. PBR ready.