Search Unity

Simulation Here is my Creative Core walking sim

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Deleted User, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Title DNA

Summary Escaping an open prison in which you were wrongly imprisoned

Features So far I have used the sample scripts from Creative Core and a model off the store. I'm putting together a few bits of my own ideas from what I've been taught. The main interaction is pressing a button to activate UI or enabling/disabling gameobjects.

Feedback I can't see past my own nose and would like to know if the game is boring or uninteresting. It takes a minute to complete but the minimal viable product is 'walk' 'interact' in a story. Some ideas I had would be to add all the walls and add flashing lights/alarms (you are escaping prison after all) and increase the size of the UI text.

Media The YouTube link is for the people that don't want to play the game but might take a peak. The game link would require you to turn on the sound.

YouTube video

Unity Play link
    https://play.unity.com/mg/other/dna-prototype

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

One more update to see a difference. Just a few more touches.

3. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

very cool basic idea, think the ' jailbreak ' genre has potential, not sure could look to ' Silent Hill ' for more ideas, got a good prototype, perhaps start adding retro - textures, or prototype stuff . . . :) :eek:

good luck, already looks amazing, reminds bit of series ' Chronicles of Riddick ', also over escaping from a jail . . .

for me, the genre at least benefits from these tropes, or go-to-situations // content . . . .

1. cool, sci - fi, or ' epic ' prison, etc etc
    2. important // ' likable ' main character
    3. iconic effects, darkness, explosions
    4. stuff like a mini - game, driving, sky - diving

it's a tough genre, because the main character tends to be half - criminal, into narcotics, or other weird stuff, and that's where it's a bit tough sell // need an epic main character, or then something like the ' Chronicles of Riddick ' - stuff, or think the Silent Hill genre makes sense . . . .

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I appreciate that man.