Search Unity

Herarichy flickers with deleted game objects in final mobile build

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Frostbite23, May 31, 2015.

1. Frostbite23

Frostbite23

I builded my project to test my caroseul scrolling on my android device. However, after building and launching my scene on the mobile device, my objects flicker then stop flickering shortly after the scene was launched. I went back to unity, loaded that specific scene and to my suprise, when looking at my herarichy. This "Deleted gameobject" in my herarichy flickers and then everything goes back to normal.

I searched threads and questions and apparently it is something unity does to "serialize". Which I have no clue on what it is. Is there a way to fix this? Because if this seralize thing affects my gameobjects and makes them flicker, then this is something im not gonna be happy with.

Has anyone had this issue before? If they did please tell me what serilizing is and how to fix it. Reading further i think this is an issue that occurs when instantiating objects at start or runtime. Which i have a script in my scene that instantiates objects at start to help reduce the amount of storage this app takes (also to make it future proofing so when i have to change something i can just change the script).

Please can anyone explain this phenomenon and provide a solution that can possibly help me fix my issue im currently having please and asap.

I have tried to disable batching but that didn't work, tried to switch shaders but it wasn't a rendering issue. I searched my script and nothing in there seems to be related to this "deleted game object" thing that appears in my hierarchy. But no luck.

Using unity 5.0.0
    Mobile device - Nexus 5
    Mac OS - Yomsite

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. Frostbite23

Frostbite23