Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Helping with Animation

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by Mr_Packer12, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Mr_Packer12

Mr_Packer12

Hi, I am looking for someone who is great with importing and setting up animations from Blender into Unity. I am stuck on this issue I am having and cannot seem to find any kind of solution.

The problem:
    I have a few basic FPS animations created in blender: Idle, walk, & item interact. I have also created an animation where the arms are holding a pistol. What I am stuck on is getting the arms to transition from idle to holding the gun. I have two versions of the gun holding animation. The first one starts with the same keyframe (position) as the idle animation does. This one works. However this is not optimal as when it loops it will play that little transition in the beginning over and over. So I created a second version of the gun holding animation where in the first keyframe the arms are already holding the gun. This one does not work and Unity just plays some random rendered animation. It seems as though animations from blender don't work together unless they all start with the exact same position. I even tried to create a third animation, a transition between the two mentioned, but that does nothing either. I am seriously stuck with this and don't have the slightest clue on what to do.

Again I have read and watched hours upon hours of content and can't find anything that discusses this, any settings or steps I might be missing. I am hoping that there is someone with this skillset that can work with me for about an hour, I can screen share and walk you through all of my steps and what I have designed, and hopefully gain some insight from you on what I am doing wrong. Anyone who knows this scenario and has the time please reach out and we can discuss availability. Thank you so much in advance!