Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Limited Rollout Of New Templates And Walkthroughs

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by vipulgupta, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipulgupta

vipulgupta

Unity Technologies

Today, we are starting a limited roll-out of a new approach to help beginners get started with Unity. We’re excited about these improvements, and when ready, we expect to roll this out to all new users in the coming months. This new approach is specifically built for absolute beginners to Unity only. If you have used Unity before and have it installed on your computer, you will note that this new experience does not show up for you. If you’re an existing user and are just dying to see this, please contact us as there some Unity setup steps needed.

For those interested, this new experience starts from a new Beta version of the Unity Hub. The sign-up and download flow has been greatly simplified, including the removal of the long user survey (Yay!). You are guided to choose from three new beginner game templates.

Each template has a Walkthrough that lets you modify the game while helping you get to grips with the basics of interacting with Unity. Below are some screen shots from the new beginner Unity editor experience:

We are also launching a new Getting Started Course on Unity Learn and some template specific groups on Connect.

If you are interested in following what’s happening with the rollout, we will be posting updates and listening to feedback in this thread.

2. esswanjiku

esswanjiku

hello, when I click on an asset it doesn't open what could be the reason.

panos_antio likes this.
  3. Drumstep

Drumstep

Hello! I am super excited for these new introductory templates! Just how guided is the walk through? Is there a voice guiding you or just pop-ups? Also, does it cover the theory craft aspect of game design and or the technical aspects?

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

What's the plan to keep these updated? It wasn't too long ago that the Interactive Tutorials were rolled out and yet we've already got threads asking why they're broken with the recent stable releases. If the goal is to assist beginners one of the more important things isn't to keep bringing out new tutorials. It's to ensure that they're not broken immediately.

fherbst, jpeezious, Tigersong and 2 others like this.
  5. panos_antio

panos_antio

hello to all..i just install unity but cant when i go to "learn" section in this window in order to view unity tutorials i just press download, then click start and opens the unity window and say to me "The type or namespace name 'InteractiveTutorials' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

what should i do ?

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

Just ignore the Interactive Tutorials. We've had enough threads mentioning they weren't working to suggest that it's very hit or miss whether you will be able to get them working. None of the other tutorials have these problems that I'm aware of.

hlaurell likes this.
  7. unity_21robicdaxj

unity_21robicdaxj

uhh I dont get it rip

8. unity_21robicdaxj

unity_21robicdaxj

i dont speak spanish..

9. darklakesoft

darklakesoft

How do i get the template with the new version? 2019.2

10. bloodwolftico

bloodwolftico

This actually looks very interesting. Has there been any updates since March to be able to test these?

11. DocJ

DocJ

How do we sign up for this Beta? Thank you

12. Alatarius

Alatarius

I have this same issue. I tried to download the tutorial materials but all I see is the Unity Hub page asking me to either add or create a project after clicking the link "Open in Unity". It doesn't open and I have the most recent version on Win 7-64.

13. JeffBship

JeffBship

This is a huge deal and is the biggest frustration. All of the beginner tutorials need to have as the first step a description of the setup needed and a prequel tutorial to achieve that setup. All versions should be a specific version that was used for the tutorial (NOT just a range) and also any add ins from the asset store need to be listed with specific versions as well.

14. kelly33

kelly33

Hi! I'm really invigorated for these new basic layouts! Exactly how directed is the stroll through? Is there a voice directing you or simply pop-ups? Likewise, does it cover the hypothesis create part of game plan as well as the specialized angles?

15. AnaWilliam850

AnaWilliam850

Hi! this new templates looks great

16. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

And the tutorial projects will still be out of date and won't work! Smh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.