Search Unity

Help...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BL00DCH0K3, Oct 10, 2019.

1. BL00DCH0K3

BL00DCH0K3

Contents of the project settings.txt file are corrupted

i get this message everytime i start a new project. It persists. Through the entire build

How do i fix this?

Unistall, then reinstall???

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

You need to fix the project settings file. The simplest way to do this is to create a new project with the same release you've been using and then copy that file by itself from the new project to the old one.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. kdgalla

kdgalla

I think that if you delete the project settings file with Unity closed, when you open Unity again than the editor will create a new one. Take a back-up before attempting. If it works then you'll probably have to set your project settings again.

Edit: or try what Ryiah suggested.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

There isn't anything important to set because the file doesn't contain anything more than the engine release version used by the project. Here is the contents of the file for one of my projects. The only reason I recommend generating one with a new project is because of the hash code in parenthesis for the second value.

Code (csharp):
    1. m_EditorVersion: 2019.2.0f1
    2. m_EditorVersionWithRevision: 2019.2.0f1 (20c1667945cf)

5. kdgalla

kdgalla

Really? I never looked, but for some reason I was imagining that the projects settings file is where Unity stored all of your project settings. Not sure where I got that idea. ;)

Joe-Censored likes this.
  6. BL00DCH0K3

BL00DCH0K3

Thanks guys. I'll try. You guys a wwwwaaayyyyyy more exp. With Unity than I.

7. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

He must be talking about ProjectVersion.txt, ProjectSettings.asset does indeed contain project settings

8. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yes, I was referring to ProjectVersion.txt since the OP mentioned a .txt extension and that was the first one I saw.