Search Unity

Question Help with XR Portal with Passthrough

Discussion in 'VR' started by randomechanism, Sep 22, 2022.

1. randomechanism

randomechanism

I have created a unity project in which I combined different elements out of several tutorials. The project is about a VR Portal (for Oculus) which can be set inside of a physical room (pass through reality) with the help of the joystick. The portal will stay where it was set with the help of spatial anchors. If you walk through the portal you will be in another room (virtually built room).

For the Portal I followed
    . For the VR integration and spatial anchors I followed
    and

Throughout the process everything worked more or less according to plan but when I transferred the apk file onto the Oculus and started testing it, there were some problems regarding the spatial anchors. The problem was that after opening the project on the Oculus it worked fine as long as I used it. But as soon as I stopped using it for a while, it would not work anymore and I couldn't set the spatial anchors anymore. Also when shutting down the Oculus and restarting the project again, it doesn't work.

So if you have an idea on why this might have happened, I would be very grateful!

Also while testing to set the spatial anchors there was a specific error I got:

Error OVRPlugin [CreateSpatialAnchor] m_XR_FB_spatial_entity extension is not available (arvr/projects/integrations/OVRPlugin/Src/Util/CompositorOpenXR.cpp:5426)

Maybe that leads to more answers.

Kind regards

2. OstrichBoy

OstrichBoy

I have the same issue Error OVRPlugin [CreateSpatialAnchor] m_XR_FB_spatial_entity extension is not available. Did you manage to fix it?

3. gralmurdok

gralmurdok

it happens because you are trying to run it in the unity editor/quest link, you need to build and run it in the headset

4. one_man_machine

one_man_machine

hi when running in editor i can set the spatial ancor but when running in build I can see the same exception as @OstrichBoy Error OVRPlugin [CreateSpatialAnchor] m_XR_FB_spatial_entity extension is not available
    in my case I am definitely running it in the build and the fact that it works in the editor is just confusing