Search Unity

Help with Weird Error?: (m_IsVisibleInScene IsInScene()) == m_IsVisibleInScene

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Duggo42, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Duggo42

Duggo42

Hey everyone,

I'm getting this weird error in the console:
    It seems to just pop up at random, I can go an entire play through without encountering it or it can happen twice within a few minutes.

Anybody have experience with this error and know what I should be looking at to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance for any info!

2. loadexfa

loadexfa

Bump. Nobody knows anything? :(

3. dorpeleg

dorpeleg

I Have the same error...
    By the looks of it, it seems it has something to do with the renderer... but I have no idea.
    What I'm doing that seems to cause this, is change a material of an object at run-time.
    But I have no idea why it pops an error... because everything seems to be working...
    This is the line of code that is cousing it in my code:

4. Stanley-Joy

Stanley-Joy

I know its too late.
    But can you tell me Duggo42 what model has the issue in. Like do you have an skinned animated model that is throwing the or a static model.
    Stan

5. RCernuda_Multimorphic

RCernuda_Multimorphic

Hey Guys,

Yup, same error:
    (m_IsVisibleInScene IsInScene()) == m_IsVisibleInScene

I notice this error is stemming from animated skinned meshes. If I play the scene with the animator controller enabled, I get a stream of errors. If I play the scene with the animator controller disabled and THEN enable it, no error. Hmmm. I wish I were a coder! ;)

Hope this info helps in solving this.

Rory

6. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

I get this error when my script ends. If seems to occur because I replace the animated sprites at runtime. I guess for me it's an issue with the editor finding the sprites it's trying to draw no longer exist.

7. matrix4x4

matrix4x4

8. Hoorza

Hoorza

I get this error in Unity 2017.1 when using OnBecameVisible() with simple sprites. Not crushing in editor or anything. Apparently fixed in Unity 2017.2. When I will swithc will tell if error is still there.