Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Help with TransformTweenTrack

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Jamez0r, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

Hello, I'm trying to use the TransformTweenTrack (from the default playables package, here is info on it: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.timeline@1.6/manual/smpl_custom_tween.html) and am running into an issue.

I have two TransformTweenClips on the track. Each of them have the Start Location empty (None), and have the End Location set. I want the Transform that is being controlled to go from "wherever it is" when each of the clips start, and for it to get tweened to the End Location for each of them.

The documentation (link above) says this about the Start Location: If it is left null the position/rotation of the moving Transform when the playable starts will be used.

Is there any way I can have it use the position/rotation when each individual clip starts, instead of the entire playable? The transform that is being controlled needs to be able to move around freely during the time in between the two clips. I have some experience with custom Tracks, but still get confused sometimes with the layout - could I modify the TransformTweenMixerBehaviour to store the "startPosition/startRotation" when each individual clip starts somehow?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021