Search Unity

Help with setting up Everyplay

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by JayCally80, Sep 3, 2014.

1. JayCally80

JayCally80

Ok. So Everyplay looks and sounds awesome. I want it! Letting players record gameplay videos and share them is a great feature. But how the hell do you set it up?

I created an account, downloaded the assets from the asset store, imported it into my project and set up the settings. There isn't any real documentation for how to use it. I've searched for tutorials on a simple set up, but nothing. There is a list of methods on their developer page but no examples. An example scene would be ideal or at least some commented scripts.

I just want Everyplay to start recording when the level loads and stop recording when the level ends (either on win or player death). I'd also like for the recording to be paused when the player pauses the game. Then show the share video button with a thumbnail.

Can anyone help? Even if its just a start/stop example and how to share a video once it has been recorded.

Thanks

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

There was a session on this at the Unite 2014 conference a couple weeks ago. And I'd swear I heard something about the videos being posted... but I can't find them now.

Still, if you can find the conference videos, I think they'll have the answers you need.

HTH,
    - Joe

3. JayCally80

JayCally80

Thanks Joe. I'll look for them.

4. JayCally80

JayCally80

@JoeStrout I found the video. Its geared more towards 4.6 beta but very helpful. Going to play with Everyplay tonight.

5. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Let us know how it goes — I'm planning to incorporate it into at least one upcoming title (plus another one once they add Mac/Windows support — hey Unity!). I'd love to hear your experience with it.

6. JayCally80

JayCally80

I haven't tested it on a device yet but it starts recording when the level starts and stops when the player dies. I've also set up some metadata (score, level name & how many stars) which gets passed to Everyplay.

From the video and reading the docs, you can automatically begin recording by just using StartRecording (script below is attached to an empty gameobject). I am calling StopRecording in my player health script when he dies. Just need to figure out how to get still from the video and to open the video editor and share modal from the "level end window" (which I still have to program).

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class EveryplayAutoRecord : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     private bool donerecording = true;
    5.     // Use this for initialization
    6.     void Start () {
    7.         Everyplay.StartRecording();
    8.     }
    9. }