Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Help with my Game Reveal

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by figueroabradley14, Jul 31, 2019.

1. figueroabradley14

figueroabradley14

I am trying to create a game like binding of isaac and hollow knight, a dungeon shooter like game. It is going to be top down. You will have to go through the dungeon to kill light monsters. There will be a bar at the top for your vision. You have to kill the monsters and collect xp or whatever they drop to keep the bar up. It slowly goes down if you dont kill until your vision is gone. You get eaten by the darkness. They story is that you were once a knight for the king of light working by his side. You were his best knight and full of power. The king saw this power in you and hiw in a snap you could use it for evil. He needed to do something. He casted you out of his kingdom and took your vision away so you could do no harm. One night when you were sleeping you found the king in your room. He knocked you out and took your vision. He put you in a waggon and took you far away from his kingdom. Once you woke up you had no memory of anything. Nore of anyone. You walked around in the woods until you meet a deer. The same thing had happed to him but he didnt want you to know. He wanted vengance against the king. He used you to kill the innocent and told you it would help you get your vision back. It wasnt enough power. He told you you needed to kill the light king. In the end when you go to defeat the light king. Once you defeat him you get power to get your full vision to really view the world. What you thought were monsters were actually innocent creatures. Your vision was so messed up that you viewed the world in a horrific way because the deer twisted you in his way. You destroyed an innocent kingdom for your vision not knowing what you were doing. Please someone help me with my project.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. Foestar

Foestar

Everyone has ideas. The best way to draw people in is give a little even if it's just a rough bit, probably more than just "a 2d top down dungeon game like binding of isacc." Let people know a little more to help lure them in, as they may share the same idea.

Also, don't be afraid to use the asset store. It's a HUGE benefit that most people don't utilize as much as they can. It's especially great if you have little experience or ability to bring said things to the project while waiting for others. Jump right in and start up and I'm sure you'll get others to join your merry band.

Happy Dev'ing. :cool:

3. figueroabradley14

figueroabradley14

Thanks for the advice i will post the stlry for my game to get people into it. I was just wasnt sure if they wanted to read it because a wrote alot. But thanks and i will look into the asset store

4. figueroabradley14

figueroabradley14

Once you read my edited post give me your opinion on it.

5. Foestar

Foestar

lol, funny little story. You can use it as a twist for your game play. I'd start mapping out ideas on how you want it to really be, gameplay wise.

For example maybe because of the contrast of good and evil and light and dark you can do something where the player is first killing dark monsters that charge and surround the player. If the player doesn't kill the monsters fast enough he gets swallowed like you said by the darkness.

But as the story shifts you begin helping the darkness by fighting off a wave of light monsters to stop the blinding (ha! Punny!) light from swallowing you instead of darkness which could be a representation of him being blind. And to fight it he must fight the light king.

I only say it this way because of how your story plays out. First good then to what was originally thought of as bad to kill the good/evil light king. Just an idea.

Anywho, I'd begin with some concept art. Map out player controller, plan enemies and how you want to go about combat or avoiding combat, etc.

6. khos

khos

You have an idea but no actual game yet, how much experience do you in making games? If none, then I suggest by checking out tutorials. Go from there..
    If you need help can you be specific with what?

7. figueroabradley14

figueroabradley14

I need help with the art like backgrounds and enemies also scripting for the ai

8. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

So you need help with everything....
    what exactly will you do then?