Search Unity

Help with movement in VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by JediNizar, Apr 8, 2019.

1. JediNizar

JediNizar

Hi,
    My VR experience is restricted to the GearVR and Cardboard. I want to switch to Oculus Quest,
    it says I can use the Oculus rift as a reference for the Interaktion and movement.

And here is my problem, I can't find How how to set up my Character to walk/move as I'm walking in real time (not through the Controller or Point&Click)
    with GearVR there are some solution like VRStep which use the sensors of the mobile.
    Can some1 help with the Oculus Rift how to do that?
    Thank u.

2. Ostwind

Ostwind

If you walk real time with the Rift the camera is already automatically following the position. If you mean other type locomotion like arm swinger or move in place locomotion then there are plenty of tutorials around the net for that.

3. JoelGab

JoelGab

4. JediNizar

JediNizar

@JoelGab Thanks a lot, will try it out.
    @Ostwind I mean exactly as you said walk in real time. this good to know. One issue come in my mind now is what to do if you reach the end of the Sensor Zone, for the quest it has been said that you will hit an invisible wall or something. the biggest issue is how to design your level, because the walking era will be different for each person.
    I think then walking in place is the better solution, sadly (for me at least) it takes out a little of the VR feeling. On the other hand walking in real time decrease the motion sickness