Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Mono Develop with .net 4.6

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kitsune4295, Oct 4, 2017.

1. kitsune4295

kitsune4295

I'll start off by saying that I fully realize that .Net 4.6 support is experimental as is the Linux editor in general. I have a project that was started with the Windows version of Unity, using the latest version of Visual Studio. I have recently switched to Linux Mint 18 as my primary OS. After a lot of trial and error, I got the version of Mono Develop to work with .Net 4.6. However when ever I try to debug my game, I get 100+ error windows saying "Debugger operation failed, The vm is not suspended". If anyone has any experience dealing with .Net 4.6 Unity projects on Linux and could give me some help, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. matrem84

matrem84

Same problem for me.

3. matrem84

matrem84

Seems to attach and break with visual studio code (+unity editor extension), but the behavior is not quite stable (unity freeze, visual studio code always breaking even after removing breakpoint).

4. kitsune4295

kitsune4295

Ive been able to get the Visual studio code debugger to attach, but I have had instances of it ignoring breakpoints (normally in Start() ) and it will freeze unity when I stop it.