Search Unity

Help with making a underwater image effect

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by iZotair, Oct 16, 2017.

1. iZotair

iZotair

Hello community,

I'm trying to write an image effect that will create an underwater effect similar to the image below

I'm not too worried about the water and the water caustics but what I'm trying to achieve is the blue gradients and the dark blue fog that blends with the water. Would it be possible to make an image effect that will tint objects within a radius of the the camera and achieve the same effect as the pictures. idk if image effect is the right way to go with this so I'm down to receive any suggestion

Attached Files:

2. Johannski

Johannski

I would say you're at the right address with image effects :)
    Take a look at DepthTextures/DepthBuffer https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-DepthTextures.html
    Beware that the camera's DepthTextureMode needs to be set to DepthTextureMode.Depth so you can use the depth information.
    I suggest you just read up on how others create fog with image-effects.

pecaaetwda6654 likes this.
  3. pecaaetwda6654

pecaaetwda6654

Hey:)
    I think this link WaterEffect can be useful for your tries.
    But why don't you try just to take underwater pics? I can't stop getting sattisfaction of this process:D And after it you can just edit some details in Photoshop. Any image won't compare with real underwater photo;) I know my advice is super strange. In any case I do reccomend just to buy waterproof camera. There are plenty of not very expensive cameras. In spite of this they have great quality. Here are some great examples of such digital cameras. Try, if you have a wish;)