Search Unity

HELP WITH IOS PVRTC 2D GAME

Discussion in '2D' started by fosmark13, Feb 1, 2017.

1. fosmark13

fosmark13

Hi everyone!!! i'm trying to port my game to IOS to publish it on the apple store, the problem is that the app size is too huge, i don't know why it is so big 'cause the same app on android is only 67 Mbs, it looks good it runs good and there i'm using ETC2, i don't have any problem with the android version but the IOS version is the one i'm having troubles with, i've tried everything to make it smaller, everything on my sprites are multiples of two so all the sprites are compressed normal using RGBA Compressed PVRTC 4 Bits this is only acceptable 'cause using 2 bits looks awful and i already have everything as small posible using 256 * 256 and 512 * 512, only the parts of the level are 2048 * 2048 but this in ETC2 is about 4Mbs while in IOS is only 2Mbs so i don't get why IOS .IPA file is 200 MB!!??? i now that the architecture has some weight there but i have to put both (ARMv7 ARM64) for the app store is needed and i can't use ASTC 'cause i'm targeting at least Iphone 5 devices... my game is only one level!!! so i can't use on Demand Resources, i don't know what to do now so is there a way i can make my app small from Xcode or unity?? i don't understand why it goes form 67Mb to 200Mb??

Thank you!!!