Search Unity

[Solved] Help with integrating Stripe payments system in to my unity mobile application

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by lawdude, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawdude

lawdude

Hello Unity Users,

Does anyone have any ideas, tips, guides or anything that could help me understand how I will integrate 'Stripe' the payment system into my mobile application that I am developing on Unity. I need to get it integrated pretty quickly, I understand it could be difficult but I am willing to put the time necessary to get it done.

Stripe does have API's but I do not know much about this or how it can work with unity and I have never really touched API's so it could be a strict learning curve, but yes if anyone could help me out, that would be perfect!

I know there is an addon out there called 'UniStripe' but I believe this no longer works and has terrible reviews as well as it looks like it has not been updated for about 2 years so I think that is completely out of the question.

Thank you!

Luke

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. lawdude

lawdude

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your response, I am looking to put the application onto both the Apple App Store as well as the app store that Android use (iPhone user haha!) how would I go about handling both? and would I be able to use stripe with this or do the app stores handle the payments?

As you can tell I am a little in the dark with how this all works as it is my first time so if you could explain a little on how I can implement the unity store to work with these platforms, that would be perfect!

Thank you.

Luke

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

5. lawdude

lawdude

Perfect Jeff! Thank you, I shall get in touch with stripe. I appreciate the help, this should hopefully get me sorted out! I do appreciate the help!!

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

From my research, Stripe would not work with Google or Apple, it's designed for processing payments in your own online store for purchasing physical products. Our platform is designed for In App Purchases within games, like buying additional gold coins in your game, or unlocking a new level.

7. lawdude

lawdude

Ah ok, yeah that is what I am starting to realise when talking to stripe. What I am doing is basically selling food and need to process the sales through the app so I assume I will be able to work this the same as you just explained?

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Our system is not designed to sell physical products at this time. It sounds like the Stripe payment processing system might be a good solution for you.

9. lawdude

lawdude

Hello Jeff,

thank you for the help so far, for example I am looking to do something similar to hungry house the fast food ordering app in the UK, would unity's payment system you sent me in the link be able to work with the apple app store for example to do this or should I look to use stripe and if so, how would I got about using their API's to integrate the two together?

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    DannyGreg24 likes this.
  11. lawdude

lawdude

Ok perfect, thankyou for clearing that one up. How would I go about programming API’s in to my app with unity or is that not possible and should I perhaps move to Xcode and android studio to make my app and interstate stripe?

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You would want to discuss with Stripe regarding integration, they might have some suggestions. Also I might suggest first getting familiar with the existing Unity IAP work flow with digital goods, and test it yourself before attempting to extend the functionality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.