Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with installing Unity & Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bluepilkintonching, Nov 29, 2019.

1. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

Hi everyone! I just installed Unity, and i'm struggling to open it. I posted in the Unity Discord and they suggested I come here.

The situation:

I've just downloaded the Unity installer and "installed Unity"
    I ticked the box to open Unity Hub after installation and it didn't open
    So I went to Program Files, and ran the Unity Hub.exe file, again Unity didn't open, it wasn't even visable in the task bar, it's like nothing happened when I clicked on the exe file
    Finally I went to task manager and saw that it was open, despite nothing happening,
    the discord page told me to go into the logs of Unity Hub and I found the repeated message:

{"level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: The specified module could not be found.\r\n\\\\?\\C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\build\\Release\\license.node\n\tstack Error: The specified module could not be found.\r\n\\\\?\\C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\build\\Release\\license.node\n at process.func [as dlopen] (electron/js2c/asar.js:138:31)\n at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:881:18)\n at Object.func [as .node] (electron/js2c/asar.js:147:18)\n at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:701:32)\n at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:633:12)\n at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:625:3)\n at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:739:19)\n at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:14:16)\n at Object.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\license.js:1:15)\n at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:839:30)","timestamp":"2019-11-29T07:37:28.995Z"}

Thanks For your help everyone!
    Blue

2. orgelvarg

orgelvarg

Have you tried uninstalling and installing again?

3. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

Yes I have

4. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

Have the same issue. Don't know what else to try. Can't work, unity support is not answering emails or twitter messages, don't have an editor to work with.

5. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

:/ Mmmh...

6. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

7. mechane

mechane

I have the same issue. Same logs. I recently installed windows 10. Also I have docker-desktop running.
    For the moment, I am installing Unity directly from here: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

EDIT: after installing the editor directly, Unity Hub was able to launch.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  8. Irene0101

Irene0101

Same problem here. Been trying a few days now, installing & uninstalling, still same problem

9. Joggla

Joggla

10. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

Hell yeah! Worked like a charm! Thx for your help.