Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with effecting a Hinge Joint 2D with code?

Discussion in '2D' started by R-Doman, Sep 14, 2018.

1. R-Doman

R-Doman

I have recently been trying to learn Unity's 2D features for a project and stumbled upon Hinge Joints, along with the rest of the Joint family. I began experimenting with the Hinge Joint 2D with the aim to use it to steer a wheel in a physics based top-down car game. The problem being, there seems to be an issue with changing the motor speed using coded functions while the game is running. I am a novice coder and have scoured the internet looking for a solution but it seems the Hinge Joint 2D may never have been intended for this use despite being suggested in the Unity Documentation. ( https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-HingeJoint2D.html )
    Any help or incite would be appreciated as I am a Student.
    Thanks in advance
    R-Doman