Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with effecting a Hinge Joint 2D with code?

Discussion in '2D' started by R-Doman, Sep 14, 2018.

1. R-Doman

R-Doman

I have recently been trying to learn Unity's 2D features for a project and stumbled upon Hinge Joints, along with the rest of the Joint family. I began experimenting with the Hinge Joint 2D with the aim to use it to steer a wheel in a physics based top-down car game. The problem being, there seems to be an issue with changing the motor speed using coded functions while the game is running. I am a novice coder and have scoured the internet looking for a solution but it seems the Hinge Joint 2D may never have been intended for this use despite being suggested in the Unity Documentation. ( https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-HingeJoint2D.html )
    Any help or incite would be appreciated as I am a Student.
    Thanks in advance
    R-Doman