Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Help with animation rigging in VR

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by emildraganm, Jan 5, 2021.

1. emildraganm

emildraganm

Hello,
    I am trying to create a dynamic animation as the following:
    Imagine a character layed on the bed. I use Oculus Quest with hand tracking. What I want is to be able to touch the character finger with my finger. When I move my hand, the character's hand moves with it and mirrors my hand movement. When I go towards the character's hand, I want the character hand to use IK, to move back and forth using its bones with IK.
    How I did it is I used animation rigging. I have added a multi aim constraint for the character shoulder to follow my hand, which works.
    The problem is when I try to use 2 bone IK constraint. I add this on a separate empty object, the tip is the hand, the IK works good. When I combine this with the other constraint. when I approach the character, the arm bends, but in the opposite way, when I go towards the hand, it goes back.
    I think this is natural, it is imitating the real life, but I wonder how can I accomplish my goal with animation rigging: touching the character finger with my VR finger, everywhere I go near the bed where he is layed out, the character hand should follow my hand and to meet my finger, also using the IK on his arm.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.