Search Unity

Help with a possible Android Game please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DreamerGal, May 22, 2018.

1. DreamerGal

DreamerGal

Could a game like My Cafe Recipes and Stories be made using this game engine? It's on the Google play store if anyone could check the game out and see if a game like that or Cafe Land could be made here, that would be so helpful. Thanks y'all ❤️ I've inserted a screenshot so y'all know what I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

2. FMark92

FMark92

Yes.

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

With the range of platforms each game supports it's entirely possible they're using Unity.

DreamerGal likes this.
  4. DreamerGal

DreamerGal

Thank you :) Do you know of any resources that could help me make characters such as this? I am new to all of this, but making a game has always been my passion.

5. FMark92

FMark92

Characters seem fairly simple.
    You can use Blender to make their models and animations and then just about any drawing program to texture them.

DreamerGal likes this.
  6. DreamerGal

DreamerGal

I've looked into it, and they are their own game development company...they are called melsoft games.
    Thank you :) I am good at drawing, it is possible I draw them, make them on Illustrator and then would I like be able to use that to texture them? For instance, say I make their bodies on Blender, could I then transfer what I what them to look like onto them? Like face, hair, clothes, etc? Thanks again for all the help..I know this will take a long time to make, especially being solo lol

7. verybinary

verybinary

You might wanna look into 2d.
    You know how you can draw a scene, draw characters, cut out the characters, and move them around like a child?
    Make a game like that. forget about all the 3d stuff, just draw your restaurant, draw your people and move em around with code.

DreamerGal likes this.
  8. FMark92

FMark92

Yes, you can apply and preview textures (even shaded) in Blender.

DreamerGal likes this.
  9. frosted

frosted

Minor note - the characters are perhaps somewhat simple - but they appear really well made.

I may be giving the screen shot too much benefit of the doubt, but the faces and body look like pretty high quality caricature with interesting proportion and great faces.

The older man and grey haired lady at the bottom specifically.

I would not expect any beginning modeler to come up with anything close to that quality level for some time.

10. Martin_H

Martin_H

Yup, though I've seen some impressive stuff happen when "3D beginners", who have a professional background in high quality painting and drawing, start with things like zBrush. Something that has a more "technical" approach like lowpoly modeling in blender is more likely to throw them off imho.

frosted and DreamerGal like this.
  11. DreamerGal

DreamerGal

Would this type of character be a better? I think this is pixelated, but more advance type of pixelation lol. Thank you

Attached Files:

12. frosted

frosted

I'm no artist, so I have no idea. Hopefully some of the more art focused peeps around here can offer more advice.

Only thing I can say for certain is that good quality polish takes a lot of time and skill. Don't underestimate something just because it looks simple or cartoonlike, it can still be really well made.

Ryiah and Martin_H like this.
  13. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Yep. That character looks good enough for games.
    And I agree, it does look a bit more advanced, than regular
    pixelated game characters.

If you want, you could add a bit more detail to it, but so far,
    it looks good the way it is. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2018