Search Unity

HELP! Why is Unity removing all objects from my scene on test play?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by udoobu, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. udoobu

udoobu

Hi! I recently installed the free version of Unity on my Macbook Pro. I started with a new project and simply added a camera (tagged it as MainCamera) and a cube, then when I click the Play button to test the game, Unity switches to Game view, but first removes all objects from my scene. It then displays a message saying "Scene is missing a fullscreen camera". I realize that message is because there is no camera. I have to reload my scene file from the last save in order to get all the objects back... there is no undo action.

I feel like this is a bug... anyone have a clue?

Thank you! :)

lalit555 likes this.
  2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Unless you have some kind of script in your project that is doing that, it's a bug.
    Unity does not normally just delete your current scene content( why would it?).

itzmaayo likes this.
  3. udoobu

udoobu

Yeah, really weird. I don't have any scripts in the project. I don't even know where to begin to overcome this issue. This is the only computer I can run Unity on right now. LOL

4. Rickshao

Rickshao

I met this problem too! I just created a new project without doing anything, when I started running this project, unity removed all things in Hierarchy and gave me some tip like "Scene is missing a fullscreen camera":
    scene.jpg
    I have no idea to solve this problem but i found that unlike previous projects,the new project I created for testing didn't contain some files: abnormalProject.jpg normalProject.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Most likely you're confusing play mode with stopped mode. Unity is deleting your objects because you added them when you were in play mode.

--Eric

solsolsola123 and MateoBssd like this.
  6. Gold_Rush

Gold_Rush

I'm Accept. Im install and run unity 5.2.4 offline. I'm register it on other computer with internet. And when im run my project unity reset the Scene and in game view showed text "Scene as missing a fullscreen camera". I cant run project but i can build it and run as exe file... Thats not project mistake, that is bug of unity 5.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please show a screenshot of what your project looks like before you run it, and then after you run the game in the Editor.

8. Gold_Rush

Gold_Rush

I cant do that at this week. And im repeat im told about old 5.2.4 version. Registred for free use.

For example, when Unity is loaded i'm created absolutly new project with standart clear Scene with two objects: Light and Skybox. Camera viewport parameters is default. And when i'm press Run, game window is reset on screen showing "Scene is missing fullscreen camera", absolutly all objects in "Hierarchy" panel is disappear.

I'm make new scene again and press Run, and Unity repeat reset scene.

I'm restart Unity and bug is repeat.

I'm think Unity engine is blocks the ability to start the scene, because it "think" that registration is incorrect. Or unity categorically does not want to work offline.

I'm delete not used playback engines: Tizen, Apple etc from "Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines" for free disk space and fast loading unity but I think this is not the cause of the bug.

P.S. Sorry about my poor English...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  9. Gold_Rush

Gold_Rush

Problem sloved!
    I'm reinstall vcredist (that module automatically installed with Unity)
    that can be do by bat file for example: vcredist_x86.exe /q /norestart
    restart Unity and scenes work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.